Pics of Infinity post refurb please

Jborosara

I would doubt that they will alternate bed positions as on S-class ships, since that was a function of the shape of the room in relation to the door. The rooms are pre-fabricated pods which are "inserted" into the ship, and in the Solsticization, these pods don't change, only the soft furnishings in them -- the carpet, drapes, bedspreads and so on, and the updated TV's. At least, that is what happened when Connie was Solsticized.

I'm also curious to see pictures by passengers....

I note in the cruise line photos that pictures of the new incarnation of the Deck 11 observation lounger are curiously absent. They put in a colorful photo of the new Fun Factory entrance, though nothing of what is inside. I had thought there would also be a photo of the down-sized "Constellation Lounge" but I missed it if there is.

CM

these are marketing pics meant to make everything look good - i know it will be amazing, but i want real people pics

I note in the cruise line photos that pictures of the new incarnation of the Deck 11 observation lounger are curiously absent. They put in a colorful photo of the new Fun Factory entrance, though nothing of what is inside.

Ah...good points! OK, bring on the true pictures people!

Wow thanks:D Look at those balcony's on the Celebrity Suites:):)

There were some great shots of the new CS verandas in Dan's talk on Friday. You can see his presentation on the Celebrity facebook page. Very nice addition to that suite.

Here are 2 pctures of the CS balconies under construction.

verandascs3.jpg

verandacs2.jpg

Finally great to see the new balconies !!

OK, and maybe I am being too picky, but the one problem I think I see...When we were in a forward facing CS on the Summit before, one of my biggest pleasures was sitting at the windows, drink in hand, enjoying the view forward and out to sea/land etc. It looks like the newly installed partition will completely block the view from the most forward window when inside the cabin ??

I realize why the partition might be needed, as we had to keep the blind on that window closed when we were changing etc, as the folks in cabins forward of us could see in when they were standing on their balcony. But during cold early mornings and evenings in Alaska, that forward view was splendidly wonderful !! Gonna miss that !

Edited by rwr235

Smaller observation lounge -

This has always been one of our favorite lounges on the M class ships. Have to wonder how the special entertainment nights are going to work in this reduced area. Hope there is still a real bar (with barstools) in there somewhere.

Sure wish they had found a better spot to relocate their kids area.

We love cruising with Celebrity, but occasionally we do find ourselves saying “what were they thinking?”, - like having no good before/after dinner dancing spot (like Rendezvous) on the S class ships?

Oh well.... - we still believe they are at the top among the mass market lines.

InfinityObsrv2.jpg.f9474d95e90044c5406cf2811a0c650d.jpg

Smaller observation lounge -

This has always been one of our favorite lounges on the M class ships. Have to wonder how the special entertainment nights are going to work in this reduced area. Hope there is still a real bar (with barstools) in there somewhere.

Sure wish they had found a better spot to relocate their kids area.

We love cruising with Celebrity, but occasionally we do find ourselves saying “what were they thinking?”, - like having no good before/after dinner dancing spot (like Rendezvous) on the S class ships?

Oh well.... - we still believe they are at the top among the mass market lines.

[ATTACH]214169[/ATTACH]

SeetheSea,

Your observation lounge photo appears to be taken from near the starboard entrance. Am I correct?

If so, they've taken away far more of the room than I had envisioned from talking last spring with the Hotel Director and from looking at the deck plans they provided pre-rehab.

The decor is beautiful, but the loss of the panoramic views and the excellence of the previous space for the special entertainment events is heart-breaking.

We're with you, though, we still love Celebrity even if they occasionally do some 'head-scratching' things.

CM

"Visited" the Infinity yesterday morning while she was docked in Fort Lauderdale. Was unable to get to back of ship for pics of the AQ on 11 aft cabins, but here are 2 pics from the starboard side.

Sorry, but Ugh. Looks like they have taken inspiration from NCL Epic :rolleyes:

Don't worry. You're not alone in wanting for one. Our first cruise was on the Infinity, and we LOVED the Rendezvous lounge and the music played there, being dedicated dancers. We gave Cunard a whirl, but found Celebrity to be far more to our liking, in spite of giving dancers short shrift. Dancing's fun, but there's so much more than just that to a vacation.

Looks like the cabins on deck 11 have some portection???:confused: Not from the on lookers from the deck above I think. I was going to book this week for a cruise for late May, but will hold off until I get more info..I want to try AQ but not on the lower deck.