Pics of Infinity post refurb please

Jborosara

Was in room 6143, probably the nicest concierge class room on the ship (just home yesterday). Yes, this is the room with the extra 8" width. So.. new flat screen, new carpet, new bed (which I loved but the DW said was to hard) and the HUGE deck. Rust on some bathroom hardware, mirror starting do delaminate from the backside. The sewer smell didn't help but after a couple of days that went away.

All the "Soltisizing" didn't really add anything (let the bashing begin..) Of course there is the fancy frozen bar and some general clean up (which Celebrity claims cost $40M).

The glass panel on the deck rattled continuosly as it was secure with coat hanger wire, a couple of toothpicks wedged in there stopped the noise. All the canvas deck covering needs replacement on the entire ship. Looking aft, you can actually see holes rusted through the pipe secureing the canvas covering.

They took the mini theater out! No movies.

Cruise was excellent, food excellent, service excellent - mostly - new crew and it took a couple of days to get in sync, cruise directory (Steve) was personable, shows good (just hard to find a good comedian these days).

The buffet remains the "walk two city blocks" to see what they have.

Anyway, standard Celebrity (which is good) but just don't expect an Eclipse class ship.

Jim

ps - pizza was excellent

What kind of balcony furniture did you have?

• 2 weeks later...
Happy Cruiser: Don't worry - there is still PLENTY of space on that back deck, the new balconies/staircases really don't have any impact at all. They lost a couple of tables but we never had difficulty getting a table at any time of day.

CT: No not at all, the flag is only there when in port - and the photo makes it look closer than it actually is.

1140 is my new favourite cabin on Millennium Class. Previously I had been in CC aft cabins and this location is actually better because it has more sunshine. There is also plenty of cover if required. I think this one is the best of the Deck 11 aft balconies though as it allows you to see both directions from the back. There are some minor privacy issues with the others (not too bad though) so I really wouldn't hesitate booking any of them. I really LOVED being so close to the aft bar, especially when you are on the drink package. So easy to run down and grab a table//meet friends etc.

Toronto Guy, we have booked 1140 on the Infinity but have now read posts about concerns with smoke from the bar below. Did you notice any smoke while out on the balcony or in the room with the door open?

Found these great photos of the larger angled balconies for 7080, 8046 (concierge class) and 9038 (aqua class). I have booked 9038 on our November Summit sailings, after deciding the balcony roof of the Aqua Class rooms on deck 11 did not provide enough shade cover. The Aqua Class on deck 9 have plenty of shade cover! Thanks to the original poster Capecodrealtor.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1581483&highlight=summit

do you know where the smoking areas are on the infinity?

One of them is on deck 10, on the port(left) side of the Sunset bar, right below these pictures. That is the only place to smoke cigars or pipes, unless it's been changed with these rooms here now.

The other place is deck 10 by the pool, on the port side also I believe.

Sorry. Balcony partitions do not open up on M-Class ships - Aqua Class or otherwise......Only between Penthouse and Sky Suite next door.

There is another trip review with pictures of the deck 11 Aqua Class rooms 1118 and 1120 and they had the partition opened.

• 4 weeks later...
There were some great shots of the new CS verandas in Dan's talk on Friday. You can see his presentation on the Celebrity facebook page. Very nice addition to that suite.

Can anyone tell me if the CS balconies were added by making the total square footage bigger or did they infringe on the living room space by taking away some of that space and creating the balconies from part of the former living room area?

Can anyone tell me if the CS balconies were added by making the total square footage bigger or did they infringe on the living room space by taking away some of that space and creating the balconies from part of the former living room area?

We had the CS on Summit in March

They are added onto the current space, and balcony, non sliding door added.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love to know if anyone has any pictures of #1123 - Aquaclass on Infinity?? I'll be sailing in that cabin on June 22nd!

Will I smell any smoke from below?? Ugh.

Is there any cover over the balcony?

Thanks!

Hi Xport. I have been following your comments on various threads for Infinity AquaClass cabin 1133 as I just booked that room for an Alaska cruise in July. Any information you have about the room and the ship post refurb would be very much appreciated. Any pics of the room you can share would be great.

I also have a question about AquaClass. The info on the Celebrity website and what I was told on the phone differ. The gal on the phone told me that AquaClass is considered higher than concierge class and that we will get all the amenities list for the concierge cabins plus all the extra for the AquaClass. Is that accurate? I ask as on the website it isn't promoted this way. I queried why the AquaClass was less expensive, even for the aft cabin 1133 and she said it was just because there's a promo on right now.

I'm a total newbie to cruising so any and all advice is welcome.

I was told the same thing. I originally had a Concierge Class cabin and I HOPE that I traded UP for an Aquaclass cabin! The price fluctuates....but the word I have is that Aquaclass IS a higher class. I'm looking forward to BLU!

Thanks for the pics! I'm in AQ on Deck 11 in June....looks I will have an overhang to protect from the sun and elements, right? Not so concerned about privacy.....what's going on on these balconies that everyone is so concerned about privacy?? ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Happy Cruiser: Don't worry - there is still PLENTY of space on that back deck, the new balconies/staircases really don't have any impact at all. They lost a couple of tables but we never had difficulty getting a table at any time of day.

CT: No not at all, the flag is only there when in port - and the photo makes it look closer than it actually is.

1140 is my new favourite cabin on Millennium Class. Previously I had been in CC aft cabins and this location is actually better because it has more sunshine. There is also plenty of cover if required. I think this one is the best of the Deck 11 aft balconies though as it allows you to see both directions from the back. There are some minor privacy issues with the others (not too bad though) so I really wouldn't hesitate booking any of them. I really LOVED being so close to the aft bar, especially when you are on the drink package. So easy to run down and grab a table//meet friends etc.

This is my cabin for March 2016 Panama Canal! Thank you. Won't tell my husband yet because he will fear seasickness!! How was the motion back there?

Thank you!

• 3 years later...
The aft balconies are "shaping" up like this.

I extended the balconies on cabins 1138, 1140, and 1141 based on the pics I've seen so far.

I did an overlay of deck 11 and deck 10:

aftbalconies.jpg

Not to scale, of course.:)

Cabins 1130 and 1133 look like regular balconies.

Cabin 1140 looks like a balcony with a full extension.

Cabins 1138 and 1141 look like they have a balcony with half that extension (due to angle of the railing).

1140 looks like the one to grab if you have a chance. No stairs looking at you and the largest and most private balcony.

1138 and 1141 are a close second. Almost as big a balcony but due to the angle you can be looking at people that may be looking at you. They don't

have hallways along one of the walls or stairways right next to your balcony.

1130 and 1133 have the smaller balconies, least amount of privacy, have a hallway that runs along one of your walls and stairs right next to your balcony divider.

NOTE: All of the aft cabins beat your living room at home. :D

Another Celebrity "balcony secret" lol! Today while reserving an AquaClass on Infinity cabin 1141 was recommended, which I reserved. All the verandas look the same on the deck plans at the Celebrity site, but this obviously reveals some differences. My one concern is that it's right above a bar. Could noise at night be an issue? We're usually in bed around 11 pm or so. AquaClass 9038, which is more midship, also has a larger balcony and might be quieter? The Spa is right above 9038, which I assume is fairly quiet at all times, and would probably be closed at night.

Which would you choose, 1141 or 9038? Or, if it's available 1140? Are these aft cabins on deck 11 newer? Were they added?

Are the aft cabins on deck 11 are right near the "taste of film" area? That sound like it might be fun.

Edited by benjaminhuf

My one concern is that it's right above a bar. Could noise at night be an issue? We're usually in bed around 11 pm or so. AquaClass 9038, which is more midship, also has a larger balcony and might be quieter? The Spa is right above 9038, which I assume is fairly quiet at all times, and would probably be closed at night.

Which would you choose, 1141 or 9038? Or, if it's available 1140? Are these aft cabins on deck 11 newer? Were they added?

Are the aft cabins on deck 11 are right near the "taste of film" area? That sound like it might be fun.

I concur, that noise will be an issue in the aft stateroom. In November we were in a Deck 9 aft stateroom (9174). On all but two nights the music from the aft bar on Deck 10 made it impossible to sleep before 12:30am.

We knew it would be noisy when we booked that stateroom. But we elected to put up with it, hoping that it wouldn't be every night. Well, I guess 2 out of 14 isn't 'every' ;p

If you are bothered by noise, move to your alternate stateroom booking.

CM

I concur, that noise will be an issue in the aft stateroom. In November we were in a Deck 9 aft stateroom (9174). On all but two nights the music from the aft bar on Deck 10 made it impossible to sleep before 12:30am.

We knew it would be noisy when we booked that stateroom. But we elected to put up with it, hoping that it wouldn't be every night. Well, I guess 2 out of 14 isn't 'every' ;p

If you are bothered by noise, move to your alternate stateroom booking.

CM

Thanks CM. Appreciated.

Since this thread has been revived, I'm hoping to get an answer about a stateroom on Infinity. Has anyone stayed in AQ9137? I have looked at the few postings about that room in the sticky, but they are all very old. From some pictures I've seen it's looks as if one of the cutouts in the roofline might be above that room. It could also be the room adjacent to it which is 9133? Any input is appreciated.