Pics of Infinity post refurb please

Jborosara

Qsine during the day,while workers are putting on the finishing touches. We really enjoyed this venue although the staff could do a better job explaining how things work. It's very easy to over-order. We stopped at 5 dishes and rolled out of the restaurant.

954574126_QsineonInfinity100.jpg.5826582a2450c5727150a8d8ad931061.jpg

Staying in a Sky Suite. Did you hear any comments on your trip?

No comments about the Sky Suites-I assume they were refurbished and very nice. Here is a picture of the new Celebrity Suite balconies. A very clever and smart addition to those suites. Not enough room to lounge but a comfortable space nonetheless.

824541246_CelebritySuiteBalconies102.jpg.8a2f06e445bb404590dff4f0456a194c.jpg

"Not enough room to lounge but a comfortable space nonetheless."

Thanks for posting pics JetAway...from the above quote, are you saying there is no space for chairs etc on the CS new decks? It appears there are chairs on the decks..??

As I previously posted on another thread...the only disappointment I see with these new balconies is the partition that, when staying in the forward facing suite, would block any view from the forward facing window while inside the suite, and not standing on the deck. This was my favorite view forward on inclement/cold days and nights when on an Alaska cruise a few years ago.

Thanks again

Woody

"Not enough room to lounge but a comfortable space nonetheless."

Thanks for posting pics JetAway...from the above quote, are you saying there is no space for chairs etc on the CS new decks? It appears there are chairs on the decks..??

As I previously posted on another thread...the only disappointment I see with these new balconies is the partition that, when staying in the forward facing suite, would block any view from the forward facing window while inside the suite, and not standing on the deck. This was my favorite view forward on inclement/cold days and nights when on an Alaska cruise a few years ago.

Thanks again

Woody

Plenty of room for chairs, which are furnished; not enough room for loungers, which are not furnished.

I think this is a renovation. I didn't like the "look"--the restaurant has lost its quiet elegance.

Doesn't appear to be any renovation in the SS United States to me. Compare this photo from this past April:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2706349400099099348mXRMuW

The SS United States specialty restaurant has always had a 'brighter' less club-like look. That was the look of the modernist style of the steamship the restaurant memorializes.

CM

Doesn't appear to be any renovation in the SS United States to me. Compare this photo from this past April:

The SS United States specialty restaurant has always had a 'brighter' less club-like look. That was the look of the modernist style of the steamship the restaurant memorializes.

CM

You're probably right. SS United States was the only one of the specialty restaurants I had not tried. As I recall, the others had a more traditional, intimate look and feel.

JetAway,

By any chance did you snap any pics of the aft facing deck 11 cabins from below?

Thanks for the pics so far.

I did get a couple but they include identifiable individuals sitting at the rear deck bar so I can't post them. As you may know, there is a multi-part awning covering much of the rear deck bar and aft seating area. It is possible to view the "goings on" in some of those rear AQ balconies through the spaces in the awning. And, of course, noise drifts upwards. As does smoke. It'll be helpful if those on the current cruise who are in those cabins post their impressions of the set-up and whether it was bothersome.

Edited by JetAway

JetAway

Which cabin number were you in on deck 9? We have one reserved on the Millenium for one of the Asian cruises in 2013. It is also below the grill area closer to the restrooms.

That's where they have the Aqua class cabins other than aft.

Thanks

JetAway

Which cabin number were you in on deck 9? We have one reserved on the Millenium for one of the Asian cruises in 2013. It is also below the grill area closer to the restrooms.

That's where they have the Aqua class cabins other than aft.

Thanks

I'd rather not get that specific since one never knows who is reading these boards. In retrospect, we will try very hard to book beneath a carpeted area next time. Absent that we would book forward as far as possible for AQ class. The grill area gets far too much activity. The carpeted area near the restrooms is "probably" OK.

Edited by JetAway
Adding information.

CM

The SS United States restaurant was patterned off the restaurants on the original SS United States ocean liner, and the style and decorations reflect a nostalgic design to give a hint at what dining on that ship was like. Salvaged and restored glass panels from the original ship are used in the restaurant's entry lobby. The photos below are of two of the restaurants on that ship.

FIRST CLASS DINING ROOM

S.S.-United-States.-First-class-dining-room-LC-G613--62901...-painting-artwork-print.jpg

S.S.-America,-United-States-Lines.-Dining-room-I-LC-G612--38107...-painting-artwork-print.jpg

SECOND CLASS DINING ROOM

S.S.-America,-United-States-Lines.-Dining-room-II-LC-G612--38108...-painting-artwork-print.jpg

Edited by boogs

Here's an exterior shot taken from a hill near Arica, Chile. The new AQ cabins are above the windows of the Oceanview Cafe.They do look like something that has been added later to the ship and give the aft of the ship a cut-off, boxy look. Close up, they look like long line of shipping containers. I'm assuming Celebrity will eventually decorate or paint them in some fashion so they blend in better.

535989355_InfinityExterior105.jpg.68280b1dc672f7fb1a81bc5578850f7f.jpg