Pics of Infinity post refurb please

Jborosara

JetAway

This is a little off topic, but did they upgrade the TV to the Apple server like used on the S class ships that has numerous on demand movies to choose from?

Thanks in advance:)

We never watched the TV except to check our accounts. They were new flat screen units, Samsung I believe.

it seems clear that those elusive deck 11 AQ cabins were not used on this voyage... we will have to wait for another group to disembark

They were not used by passengers. We were told that a few contractors were staying in some of them. I, too, am anxious to read feedback from folks who stayed in those units on the current cruise.

I noted earlier today (via a CC Facebook link) the photos Dan Askin refers to. I am still disappointed that, unless I missed something in the slide shows, there are no photos of:

1.) the new staterooms, both on Deck 3 and the Deck 11 Aqua Class;

2.) no photos of the Celebrity Suite verandas;

3.) no photos of the new incarnation of the now smaller and non-panoramic Deck 11 observation lounge.

Hopefully it won't be much longer that we'll have to depend on stock photos, but will have a recent passenger provide the missing views.

CM

Please see great Infinity review http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=31702834#post31702834 I was going to ask him about the changes in the MDR (Blu added) and the Constellation Lounge (KidZone added) but as this is his first X cruise I don't think he could fairly comment on the changes

Just booked back to back cruises on the infinity (2013) in south america, returning to Ft Lauderdale. We're going to try Aqua class but looking carefully at the information available, the few pictures and the complete deck plans, I'm really torn between A1's, many of which are under the basketball court (ugh)and have no cover (no privacy and no screen from the sun (ugh); and the A2's which have a huge overhang so there will be no sun and many are under the grill or buffet area. It's almost as if Celebrity asked how they could take the worst balcony cabins on the ship and charge more for them. We've booked A2's under the deck chairs around the pool which looks like it may be the best compromise.

Why not try the new Aqua Class cabins on deck 11? Nothing over you at all.

There is a new deck area above these cabins. Here's a photo of the new cabins taken while the ship was still in drydock:

9313.jpg

You can plainly see the railing directly above the cabins. This is where the loungers that used to be located on deck 11 will now be located. People on this new deck area will find it easy to look down onto the balconies of these new cabins, which apparently will have very little shade.

Photo from thebahamasweekly.com website

Edited by boogs

There is a new deck area above these cabins. Here's a photo of the new cabins taken while the ship was still in drydock:

You can plainly see the railing directly above the cabins. This is where the loungers that used to be located on deck 11 will now be located. People on this new deck area will find it easy to look down onto the balconies of these new cabins, which apparently will have very little shade.

Photo from thebahamasweekly.com website

Great picture...and this reenforces my view that none of the aqua cabins are all that good. The picture doesn't show that the basketball court is in the middle of that deck over the A1's....over about 1/2 the A1's on 11.

So the choice is no shade or privacy vs constant shade and at least some privacy.

Why can't I just get a nice veranda cabin on deck 6/7 and eat in blu??? That's all I want.

Great picture...and this reenforces my view that none of the aqua cabins are all that good. The picture doesn't show that the basketball court is in the middle of that deck over the A1's....over about 1/2 the A1's on 11.

So the choice is no shade or privacy vs constant shade and at least some privacy.

Why can't I just get a nice veranda cabin on deck 6/7 and eat in blu??? That's all I want.

Question because I'm ignorant about Celebrity, but are there that many pick up basketball games onboard? My wife and I are cruising on Summit after drydock and I promise to get a good picture of these now famous deck 11 balconies

Interesting...

9323.jpg

I have highlighted one of the aft cabins. There could be some good deck size and privacy there. Look at the roof area within the circle.

newinfinity2.jpg

Just speculating until the real pics start coming in :)

Credit to: http://www.thebahamasweekly.com

these are pics while still in dry dock - we can hope some sort of shade is added later - retractible would be ideal:-)

I think Aqua/Concierge were placed on Deck 9 as enhancements for cabins that otherwise would go begging. Based on my recent excellent experience with Blu, I'm willing to put up with some annoyances to be able to eat there.

I think Aqua/Concierge were placed on Deck 9 as enhancements for cabins that otherwise would go begging. Based on my recent excellent experience with Blu, I'm willing to put up with some annoyances to be able to eat there.

I think we're going to stay on 9...towards the pool and away from the grill area where chairs always scrape on the floor. I guess if we want sun, we'll go to 12 and sit above the new A1's and scrape chairs, just to annoy them :)

We were booked on AQ 1110 on the reverse trip from Valparaiso to FLL for 03/12 until our daughter decided to get married.

We'll have to wait until a later date.

I was studying the layout of the AQ cabins when we on the Millie this past Thanksgiving, trying to figure out which cabins would be quiet. There is a lot of air handling fans and equipment up there that make a terrific amount of noise. Hopefully they will baffle the droning. It will be also be interesting to get feedback on the effect the new deck has on the AQ cabins. If they put a jogging track up there then there is a chance some of the rooms will have the thump thump thump from avid joggers running starting at dawn which could start in 5 AM in the summer:eek:

We love AQ and hope to book a cruise on the refursbished Infinity, our favorite M Class.

Merry Christmas

This photo was taken as we passed the Infinity on our way out of FLL. Shows the aft with the new AQ cabins.

Thanks for the great picture! Yikes! :eek: What's up with that stairway going past the aft AQ balconies! Didn't expect that.....

Edited by Eurobikefan

Yikes! :eek: What's up with that stairway going past the aft AQ balconies! Didn't expect that.....

Those are the stairs up to the hallway for the new cabins. There must be access at both ends of every hallway due to new requirements covering fire evacuation safety concerns. New ships have no dead ends in any hallway to trap people. There must always be an exit path at the ends of every hallway.

Edited by boogs