AQ on Summit - need help choosing new cabin!!

librarylady19

HELP!! I just read AZParrotheads review of his recent trip on Summit. He was in 9038 - the cabin I have booked - and had to move to another cabin due to noise from the pool motors.

I am very sensitive to noise so I know this would drive me mad.

Fortunately, there is plenty of time to change cabins, but I'm not sure what's the best location for an AQ cabin I don't mind walking and don't care if the balcony is shaded or not.

I wouldn't mind trying the new deck 11 cabins except I'm concerned about drifting cigarette smoke on port side from the Sunset Bar. We've never stayed in an aft cabin, so have no idea how that would be.

Anyone have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated....I can't call the TA until Monday.

HELP!! I just read AZParrotheads review of his recent trip on Summit. He was in 9038 - the cabin I have booked - and had to move to another cabin due to noise from the pool motors.

I am very sensitive to noise so I know this would drive me mad.

Fortunately, there is plenty of time to change cabins, but I'm not sure what's the best location for an AQ cabin I don't mind walking and don't care if the balcony is shaded or not.

I wouldn't mind trying the new deck 11 cabins except I'm concerned about drifting cigarette smoke on port side from the Sunset Bar. We've never stayed in an aft cabin, so have no idea how that would be.

Anyone have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated....I can't call the TA until Monday.

This thread has some photos and discussion of Aquaclass deck 11 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1586311

We booked the aft section of Aqua cabins. It's debateable if being under the pool area or under the forward end of the buffet seating area is worse. The aqua cabins are, in my opinion, lousy cabins...but we book them for Blu and put up with any noise.

We booked the aft section of Aqua cabins. It's debateable if being under the pool area or under the forward end of the buffet seating area is worse. The aqua cabins are, in my opinion, lousy cabins...but we book them for Blu and put up with any noise.

Not in disagreement about the potential for noise..but aft Aquaclass cabins are actually ABOVE the aft bar and over the buffet Seating Area

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=219264&d=1327333811

Just sayin....;)

Not in disagreement about the potential for noise..but aft Aquaclass cabins are actually ABOVE the aft bar and over the buffet Seating Area

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=219264&d=1327333811

Just sayin....;)

Different Aqua cabins. The A2's are not that far back and on the deck below the bar/buffet area. The new A1's are directly over that bar area.

As I suggested, the Aqua class cabins are not ideally situated....

By looking at some of the photos, it looks to me that those aft AQ's on deck 11 (Summit) are not really that private. People can look into your cabin while standing on the outdoor buffet deck. The photo I was refering to was taken at night and lights were on in the aft AQ cabins....pretty visable?

We were on the Summit a week ago in 9114. Had no problem with noise at all and was very conveniently located to the staircase by the library. Regarding the aft cabins on 11, you could look down from deck 12 onto the balcony, although hardly anyone was ever up there.

We stayed on deck 9 when these were CC class. Had no problem with noise from above and felt they were very convenient to the pool deck etc. What I didn't like was the large overhang above the balcony. We are going again and staying in a AQ on 9. I think aft on deck 11 is a poor location for ship movement and privacy. If the ship was designed for cabins there they would of been there for the last 10 years!

We stayed on deck 9 when these were CC class. Had no problem with noise from above and felt they were very convenient to the pool deck etc. What I didn't like was the large overhang above the balcony. We are going again and staying in a AQ on 9. I think aft on deck 11 is a poor location for ship movement and privacy. If the ship was designed for cabins there they would of been there for the last 10 years!

Agree that the overhang on 9 balconies are a big disadvantage. Have frequently sailed 9 AFT with no motion concerns (except in weather conditions when the entire ship is affected). On the other hand.. the open feeling that the deck 11 Aqua balconies provide are to me what cruising is all about, in terms of being on deck in the open sea. If you want to be closed off...stay in your cabin.. or save a ton of $ and get an inside cabin (just sayin). As for as the privacy issue in the aft balconies on 11.. no one can argue. Its a matter of personal taste. We live on the waterfront and all of our balconies/deck face the public beach front and we spend our lives out there during season (either relaxing sunning, entertaining cooking, eating or just people-watching). I currently have a starboard (near aft) Aqua 11 and am hoping that one of the 5 who had already reserved the AFT balconies read your comments and bail out by final $ due date so I can grab it!:D

Agree that the overhang on 9 balconies are a big disadvantage. Have frequently sailed 9 AFT with no motion concerns (except in weather conditions when the entire ship is affected). On the other hand.. the open feeling that the deck 11 Aqua balconies provide are to me what cruising is all about, in terms of being on deck in the open sea. If you want to be closed off...stay in your cabin.. or save a ton of $ and get an inside cabin (just sayin). As for as the privacy issue in the aft balconies on 11.. no one can argue. Its a matter of personal taste. We live on the waterfront and all of our balconies/deck face the public beach front and we spend our lives out there during season (either relaxing sunning, entertaining cooking, eating or just people-watching). I currently have a starboard (near aft) Aqua 11 and am hoping that one of the 5 who had already reserved the AFT balconies read your comments and bail out by final $ due date so I can grab it!:D

Be sure to check multiple times a day because it DOES happen but they get taken real fast!! It recently happened on our 4/28 Summit sailing. Good luck!

Archived