Getting from Pier A1 Berth 31 to downtown Halifax

Hi,

We are arriving on Sep 25th, along with 3 other ships. The dock schedule shows us berthing at Pier 31, which appears to be a long way from the cruise terminal. Has anyone any info on how long it takes to walk to get to the exit, or if there is any port shuttle service?

Thanks,

Latindancer62

Hi,

We are arriving on Sep 25th, along with 3 other ships. The dock schedule shows us berthing at Pier 31, which appears to be a long way from the cruise terminal. Has anyone any info on how long it takes to walk to get to the exit, or if there is any port shuttle service?

Thanks,

Latindancer62

We were on the NCL Jewel when it docked there two years ago. We had a shore excursion booked on arrival and the bus picked us up next to the ship. I think the shuttles to Pier 22 were right there too. Pier 31 is in an industrial area and is a working pier so, for safety reasons, you have to take the shuttle. You can't walk out of the area on your own from what I understand. Having been there, I can understand why. There was heavy equipment in the area moving cargo and I suppose it could be dangerous, although it was interesting to watch. We'll be on the NCL Gem this year and I believe we're docking there again.

Archived