Sally bum bum

tiffanieb

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We were on Sally Bum Bum last week. I would not do it again. I chartered it for 3 hours. Price was $550 up to 12 people, included 1 drink pp and dry snacks. We ended up with only 5 so we had plenty of room.

We stopped for snorkeling/swimming and that was about it. I thought he would take us on a "tour" but he never gave us any history or pointed anything out. On top of that, he had NO helper. He said his crew didn't show up, but I wonder if he really has a crew. My son ended up having to help him tie us to the dock

When we were leaving, I confirmed that it was $550 and had the cash in my hand to pay him. He made a comment that I should give him more $$ for the drinks. I had NO drinks, DH had 1 beer, and the 3 "kids" had a couple of beers each and 1 of them had a rum swizzle that he had pre-made in a jug.

If he planned to charge extra, he should have told everyone that before we sailed and had a sign up for the price of drinks. He just pointed to the cooler and said we could take drinks.

My feeling is that since I could have brought 12 people for the same price, I should be entitled to a minimum of 12 drinks total, which we definitely didn't exceed. He didn't agree with me, but I didn't give him any extra $$.

My feeling is that this was definitely NOT worth $550.The only advantage is that was had the whole boat to ourselves...and we could see Restless Native and another one when we were snorkeling and they were packed with people.

• 1 month later...

We hired Capt Leon as a private charter with 11 of us sailing on the Sally Bum Bum. We paid $55 per person which included 3 hours, beer, dark & stormy, and Rum Swizzlers. His ship mate was with him that night and gave us a tour. After about 1 hour Capt Leon played music and entertained us with his singing. We had a BLAST. I would definitely recommend it. We had no children with us and we are a group in our late 40's and 50's who really love to have fun together. This was one of everyone's highlight again in June. :)

• 2 months later...
We were on Sally Bum Bum last week. I would not do it again. I chartered it for 3 hours. Price was $550 up to 12 people, included 1 drink pp and dry snacks. We ended up with only 5 so we had plenty of room.

We stopped for snorkeling/swimming and that was about it. I thought he would take us on a "tour" but he never gave us any history or pointed anything out. On top of that, he had NO helper. He said his crew didn't show up, but I wonder if he really has a crew. My son ended up having to help him tie us to the dock

When we were leaving, I confirmed that it was $550 and had the cash in my hand to pay him. He made a comment that I should give him more $$ for the drinks. I had NO drinks, DH had 1 beer, and the 3 "kids" had a couple of beers each and 1 of them had a rum swizzle that he had pre-made in a jug.

If he planned to charge extra, he should have told everyone that before we sailed and had a sign up for the price of drinks. He just pointed to the cooler and said we could take drinks.

My feeling is that since I could have brought 12 people for the same price, I should be entitled to a minimum of 12 drinks total, which we definitely didn't exceed. He didn't agree with me, but I didn't give him any extra $$.

My feeling is that this was definitely NOT worth $550.The only advantage is that was had the whole boat to ourselves...and we could see Restless Native and another one when we were snorkeling and they were packed with people.

Hi GreenEyedLady! I came back here again since we booked the Breakaway again for next August but this time doing the Haven :)

I just wanted to comment on what you wrote above and wanted to let others know, while you had this experience you did not like, my group of 10 would say it was the highlight of our trip.

We were a party of 10 (which included 2 19 year old girls and 2 15 year old boys). He did not have any helpers but that was fine with us. As we sailed to our snorkel spot, he told us a bunch of information about him/the Island, etc.

We did get unlimited drinks and never was told we had to pay. We had lots of beers and tried something he made but stuck with the beers. The kids had cans of soda or water.

We snorkeled, used the water toys, etc. I didn't book it for a tour and his site really doesn't say he gives one, but perhpas he told you differently.

On our way back, he was signing, stopped for a few minutes and we were all dancing with him and we really had a wonderful and relaxing day. I was thinking of booking him again for August but wondering if we should try something different since we have already did this once.

Sorry you didn't have the experience we had but I would highly recommend him and I'm critical LOL

Edited by js