2013 Berth Schedules & Maps of the piers

MilliesMom

http://www.claalaska.com/schedules.html

Ports are listed first, then towards the bottom are links for the berth codes.

Ketchikan is now showing the berths for this cruise season. The rest should be up soon.

Here are the maps that I have for Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway with berths # showing:

Juneau.jpg

http://www.traveljuneau.com/images/map_downtown_big.jpg

Skagway.jpg

http://www.chilkootcharters.com/dockmap.htm

KetchikanMapBerth.jpg

Hope this helps.

You are welcome. I've been watching and researching. When I saw the log/calendar was starting to update, thought it was worthwhile posting. They all should be updated very soon.

The maps are such a big help to me, so felt others may like to see them too.

If anyone has maps of the other ports/piers, please add in. I only researched the ports we would be at.

Thanks!

You are welcome.

I was a bit disappointed that we will be at dock #4 (furthest out) in Ketchikan, but there is a shuttle and it doesn't seem too bad of a walk into town.

The rest of the ports should be posted shortly with the berth schedules.

At the top of the Skagway map I see little footprints and then a Scenic Viewpoint. Has anyone ever walked over there? We don't have anything planned in Skagway and I thought this might be a nice walk.

It looks like we too will be at the farthest dock in Ketchikan. Guess we will be getting our exercise. Good to know they have a shuttle though.

At the top of the Skagway map I see little footprints and then a Scenic Viewpoint. Has anyone ever walked over there? We don't have anything planned in Skagway and I thought this might be a nice walk.

It looks like we too will be at the farthest dock in Ketchikan. Guess we will be getting our exercise. Good to know they have a shuttle though.

Yes - we walked over there a few years ago. Seems like we went after reading there was a seal colony there. We didn't see the seals but it was a nice walk. Also. If I remember correctly, we also walked on the other side of town after dropping off our rental car (Avis?). Seems there was inclines & various trails including one around a lake. I think we made it to the lake but turned back when the bugs got too bad. Hope I'm remembering correctly.

Ketchikan has a bus that goes from Pier 4 ... 50 cents for seniors, $1 for others on the regular routes. But the downtown shuttle from May to Sept from Pier 4 is FREE. This is shown at the top of the screen, and the other routes are shown further down.

http://www.borough.ketchikan.ak.us/bus/BusRoute.htm

Here's another version of the route/map, you may find easier to read:

http://www.borough.ketchikan.ak.us/b...leSummer12.pdf

You are welcome.

I was a bit disappointed that we will be at dock #4 (furthest out) in Ketchikan, but there is a shuttle and it doesn't seem too bad of a walk into town.

The rest of the ports should be posted shortly with the berth schedules.

Yikes... we are on Deck 4 also. Oh well, guess I can skip my fitness walk on the promenade deck that morning. ;)

Thank you Mary.

Would you be so kind to post this on the other site we belong to?

YES, just posted.

Yikes... we are on Deck 4 also. Oh well, guess I can skip my fitness walk on the promenade deck that morning. ;)

I so agree .... LOL. I was disappointed that we are at Dock 4 also, but there is a Free shuttle if needed.

Ketchikan has a bus that goes from Pier 4 ... 50 cents for seniors, $1 for others on the regular routes. But the downtown shuttle from May to Sept from Pier 4 is FREE. This is shown at the top of the screen, and the other routes are shown further down.

http://www.borough.ketchikan.ak.us/bus/BusRoute.htm

Here's another version of the route/map, you may find easier to read:

http://www.borough.ketchikan.ak.us/b...leSummer12.pdf

Thanks for posting this. I have a question about Skagway. The schedule shows that our ship (Norwegian Sun) will be docked at RRA, while the other ship in port that day will be at RRF. I assume the RR means Railroad dock, is that right? Then are A and F two different berths at the RR dock?

Thanks!

Thanks for posting this. I have a question about Skagway. The schedule shows that our ship (Norwegian Sun) will be docked at RRA, while the other ship in port that day will be at RRF. I assume the RR means Railroad dock, is that right? Then are A and F two different berths at the RR dock?

Thanks!

Skagway.jpg

Yes, RR means Railroad Dock. I believe last time we were there, there was more than one ship docked.

SKG RR RAILROAD DOCK

SKG RRA RAILROAD DOCK - AFT

SKG RRF RAILROAD DOCK - FORWARD

http://www.claalaska.com/pdf/2010/BerthCodes.pdf

I went to the berth codes pdf and it shows the three designations for Skagway Railroad Dock. So more than 1 ship can dock there.

To give you some perspective of the berthing situation at Ketchikan, this photo was taken aboard a ship at berth one; the Carnival Spirit is in #2, the Norwegian Pearl is in #3, and the Princess ship (can't tell which one it is) is docked at berth #4. Very close together, and, unless you are mobility impaired or just don't like to walk, getting from #4 towards "downtown" (basically just beyond berth #2), it's a breeze!

I'll look to see if I've got similar photos of Juneau and Skagway...

458_zpsaa937897.jpg

Here are two ships docked at the Railroad Dock, taken from aboard a ship at the Broadway Dock. Broadway is closer to town, but if you're taking the White Pass & Yukon train, you can board right at the Railroad Dock, which is convenient. I like the Railroad Dock; interesting rock cliffs painted on by the crews of all the ships that've been there over the years, and it's a nice walk into town from there too.

157.jpg

This is looking into town from the ship (at Broadway Dock).

283.jpg

Jenbo57 ... thank you. Great photos. Do you have one of Juneau also? They really help with perspective if someone hasn't been before.

Pulling some together from Juneau right now...

I hope you don't think I'm trying to hijack your thread! The maps are great, but I thought photos might help folks like me, who like a lot of visuals! ;)

Ok, here we are arriving in Juneau. Norwegian is at Dock A, Princess at Dock B, and Celebrity at Dock D. (We had to wait for the NCL ship to leave so we could tie up at Dock A). Dock A is a little bit of a walk into downtown, because you have to walk through an industrial area to get to the road. Not a bad walk, and you do walk past Taku (great place to pick up smoked salmon, etc.) and a couple of other shops, but again, if you're mobility impaired or don't like to walk, there is a shuttle.

096-1.jpg

Here you'll see the industrial area you have to walk through to get from Dock A to the road. Docks D and E are out of the frame, to the right (just beyond the small boats). (Photo taken from Mt. Roberts.)

125-1.jpg

Here we were docked at Dock D (a different cruise), with a smaller ship at Dock E. You're right smack in the middle of the action. If you've got a long port day and want to get on and off the ship, it's a lot easier being docked here than if you're at Dock A.

241.jpg

And one more of the same ship, taken from across Franklin Street.

284.jpg

Pulling some together from Juneau right now...

I hope you don't think I'm trying to hijack your thread! The maps are great, but I thought photos might help folks like me, who like a lot of visuals! ;)

Oh my gosh, I don't feel you highjacked the thread at all. I think your photos have added to it. I have shared your photos with our roll call too (giving you credit).

The Juneau dock A ... WOW, it's further out than I thought altho I did know from what I read that it was 1 mile from there to the tram for Mt Roberts..

Last time we were docked at I believe dock D. It was a great location.

Thank you for sharing your photos. It is greatly appreciated.

Ok, here we are arriving in Juneau. Norwegian is at Dock A, Princess at Dock B, and Celebrity at Dock D. (We had to wait for the NCL ship to leave so we could tie up at Dock A). Dock A is a little bit of a walk into downtown, because you have to walk through an industrial area to get to the road. Not a bad walk, and you do walk past Taku (great place to pick up smoked salmon, etc.) and a couple of other shops, but again, if you're mobility impaired or don't like to walk, there is a shuttle.

096-1.jpg

Here you'll see the industrial area you have to walk through to get from Dock A to the road. Docks D and E are out of the frame, to the right (just beyond the small boats). (Photo taken from Mt. Roberts.)

125-1.jpg

Here we were docked at Dock D (a different cruise), with a smaller ship at Dock E. You're right smack in the middle of the action. If you've got a long port day and want to get on and off the ship, it's a lot easier being docked here than if you're at Dock A.

241.jpg

And one more of the same ship, taken from across Franklin Street.

284.jpg

Great pictures.

Archived