Luggage size restrictions?

emandjennsmom

Is the luggage size rule enforced? I know it says recommended, but I need to know before we pack today. If it is enforced, I need to go buy more 16" suitcases. Thanks! :)

From Carnival's website:

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds and not exceed 16"H x 24"W (no length restrictions). Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 16"H x 24"W (no length restrictions). This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags. Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on luggage.

Those are just recommendations. I've never weighed my bags when driving to a port like I would when flying and since when I fly I'm always worried about weight and usually take less, my guess is my bags when driving to the pier are over the 50lb limit.

I've also never heard of anyone's bag not being allowed due to oversize/weight and there is no method of charging for overweight bags.

I think they are trying to STRONGLY discourage people from packing soda's and things like that in their checked bags.

Luggage size 16 x 24. What do mean ? Isn't length the same as height ?

No. Lay your luggage flat. Measure width and then height (which would basically be the depth) while laying down. My suitcase is 30" long x 20" wide by 12" high. It is not too large.

Most people are thinking length is height...it is not. Below is a pic to show length, heigth and width.

diagram_case2.jpg

No. Lay your luggage flat. Measure width and then height (which would basically be the depth) while laying down. My suitcase is 30" long x 20" wide by 12" high. It is not too large.

Most people are thinking length is height...it is not. Below is a pic to show length, heigth and width.

diagram_case2.jpg

Thank you . That makes since now

checked baggage is not as restrictive as carry-on since it may not have to go through an x-ray scanner if it is too large, it will just be opened for content. just remember that there isn't a lot of cabin room to store luggage and i would make sure, empty, it slides under your bed at home before bringing it on a cruise. and, for those driving who aren't worried about the 50# limit i still think it is common courtesy not to think that someone throwing your luggage around wouldn't appreciate it if it weighed a ton.

actually i've seen oversized luggage left off of the carts and ignored until the last luggage is wheeled onto the ship. guess that means it will arrive at the room much later than everybody elses.

Archived