Ecstasy "secret" deck question

BK512

I've read that the Ecstasy (and other Fantasy class ships) have two secret decks...one just above the bridge, and the other behind the main showroom.

Can anyone tell me how to get to the one behind the showroom?

Thanks!

I'm looking at the front of Sensation from my balcony and it looks like 4 decks up from the Empress deck, right above the bridge, people are walking across what looks to be a deck. Looks to be right below the spa where the treadmills overlook. Not sure how to get there.

I've been on that secret deck before and I can't, for the life of me, remember how I got there! It's not straight forward, I can tell you that - lots of doors and turns. Perhaps someone else here knows exactly how to get there. I just know that it can be done because I've done it!

If I remember correctly, one of the decks you may be referring to is accessed via the Verandah deck (deck above Lido). You go to that deck, walk past all the guest rooms all the way forward, and there are unmarked doors leading outside.

The one behind the showroom is supposed to be for crew only, unless that has recently changed. Many people say that they go out there anyway. I recommend using the one that's open for guests up on Verandah deck.

There are 2 ways to get to the one up on Verandah deck. The harder way is go down the interior hallway on Verandah deck towards the front of the ship, passing the staterooms, then go out the door. The easier way to access it is from the lido deck. Just forward of the main pool, go off to either side of the ship. On both sides of the ship, there is an outdoor public walkway. At the end of the walkway (front of the ship) is the bridge. Right next to the bridge is a stairway. At the top of the stairs is the "secret" deck (forward observation deck). That's the way I would always take to get there. It's much more straight forward and simple that way.

Also, the secret deck may not be so secret, at least it wasn't on the Fascination. It was labeled as observation deck on the ship maps, and it was quite busy at times--especially pulling in to port at Nassau.

There also were no chairs on Fascination, just a narrow deck, so whereas we loved the secret deck on Victory, we were almost never there on Fascination.

The one behind the showroom is supposed to be for crew only, unless that has recently changed. Many people say that they go out there anyway. I recommend using the one that's open for guests up on Verandah deck.

Agreed! Go to the area on the Verandah deck, and leave the one behind the show room for crew only, as it was intended. Going there is no different than going to the employee break room in a department store, or the IT maintenance room in an office building. While us passengers are great people (most of us, at least :)), the crew needs a space just for themselves from time to time.

Archived