The Freedom is at Grand Turk

beachbum53

Just checked the web cams for Grand Turk and the Freedom. The ship is docked there, and people are walking on the pier headed for Margaritaville. Hopefully everyone has a good day there without anyone getting sick.

Just checked the web cams for Grand Turk and the Freedom. The ship is docked there, and people are walking on the pier headed for Margaritaville. Hopefully everyone has a good day there without anyone getting sick.

Good to hear the ship made it. Not good to hear they are going to Diareahville. I predict the problems come back full force within 2 sailings and the port closed again.

Surprised Margaritaville is open considering all the ice for their drinks is local water.

Good to hear the ship made it. Not good to hear they are going to Diareahville. I predict the problems come back full force within 2 sailings and the port closed again.

Surprised Margaritaville is open considering all the ice for their drinks is local water.

Maybe they plan to boil it before they make the ice??

Maggie

Hopefully, the passengers were advised to only drink bottled water and stay out of the pool. But, I wouldn't be surprised if a few people ignore the warnings, get sick, and blame Carnival. Wonder how many reviews will be on here next week, from Freedom and Breeze passengers, ripping Carnival and claiming, inaccurately, that they were stricken with Norovirus?

Hopefully, the passengers were advised to only drink bottled water and stay out of the pool. But, I wouldn't be surprised if a few people ignore the warnings, get sick, and blame Carnival. Wonder how many reviews will be on here next week, from Freedom and Breeze passengers, ripping Carnival and claiming, inaccurately, that they were stricken with Norovirus?

The pools are chemically treated. No concern there.

RIGHT, cause the ocean is so much cleaner than the chemically treated and monitored pool. :rolleyes:

Well, there may be a few places in the Gulf that are a little "iffy", but I wouldn't hesitate about swimming in the Caribbean.

You go ahead and take the risk. Not me! I'll be heading to the beach to swim in the ocean.

I think the whole point is that chlorinated pools do not carry a risk. So no risk to take.

Now food - quite a different matter.

Hard to beat chlorine!

The ocean is pretty to look at but it has fish poop in it! :D

This reminds me of a funny but supposedly true story. W.C. Fields was well known for his consumption of alcohol. Someone once offered him a glass of water. He replied "Water? Ugh! Fish poop in that!":D

The pools are chemically treated. No concern there.

Thank you. I keep reading posts saying "stay out of the water" and I can't understand how chemically treated water is a threat. My dad is an evnironmental eng, i'm going to ask him to night. If I find out different, I will post so.

It may be closed. The pier leads to Margaritaville, so just because people are walking in that direction doesn't mean that is were they are going; that was an assumption by the OP.

Although it probably is open, just sayin'

This reminds me of a funny but supposedly true story. W.C. Fields was well known for his consumption of alcohol. Someone once offered him a glass of water. He replied "Water? Ugh! Fish poop in that!":D

Actually I believe Mr Fields' objection to drinking water was that fish, uhm, well, "copulated", in it..... :eek:

Archived