Long Beach Restaurants

Dihead

Hi, We were in Long Beach about 3 weeks ago and stayed at the Coast Long Beach Hotel. We were sailing on RCL but I learned from these boards to stay in Long Beach instead of San Pedro. We were so glad we did. Their is a trolley bus that picked up at the hotel and took you to the downtown area( Shoreline Village, Aquarium, etc). Their were plenty of resturants to chose from as well as plenty of shopping. We ate at the Bubba Gump Resturant across from the Aquarium. I loved the area and would love to go back. Hope this helps you.:)

How about eating a meal on the Queen Mary? She is docked in Long Beach. We stayed at the Coast Long Beach Hotel and had breakfast on the QM. It was a nice experience, food was good and prices weren't bad at all. We walked from our hotel down to the ship.

Hi:) I have read where you have to pay to just enter the Queen Mary. Is that fee waived if you eat dinner there? I just read it actually, something like 23.95.

Not sure I want to see the inside of her that badly.

Hi there:) I am staying in Long Beach in October. When are you cruising?

A nice person on these boards suggested looking at this website

www.shorelinevillage.com It looks like a lot of fun!

It's nice to know someone thinks I'm nice. :D That post was in a thread specifically looking for a restaurant on the water. If you don't necessarily want to be on the water, there are a ton of restaurants and clubs on Pine Ave and a free bus that runs up and down it and connects to the Passport bus sytem that runs to the Aquarium etc.(http://www.lbtransit.com/index.html). The Blue Club is one of the best places for live music. Kings Fish House for seafood is pretty well regarded. There is also a bunch of restaurants including a Bubba Gumps down at Rainbow Harbor at the Pike. Or if your desperate back on Pine Ave there is a Hooters:eek: Here's a link to a listing of LB restaurants: http://www.discoverourtown.com/TownPage.php?Town=2091&Cat=Dining. Personally I do like to be on the water and think Shoreline Village is fun and it is close to the hotels for people pre and post cruise. Enjoy.

Hi:) I have read where you have to pay to just enter the Queen Mary. Is that fee waived if you eat dinner there? I just read it actually, something like 23.95.

Not sure I want to see the inside of her that badly.

Hi Lois R,

We just walked onboard, asked where the restaurant for breakfast was and that was it. We actually walked around quite a bit and saw a lot of the ship because we were there early in the morning before the official tours started.

Hi Bobbie:) Thank you for the information. I will put it out there for the friends I am cruising with and we can decide about it later;) not sailing till October:eek:.

Hi Dihead, you have a longer wait than I do though!

• 3 months later...

Its Lisa here.... glad to "see" you! Hope all is well. We are sailing out of San Pedro and staying in Long Beach in October - our cruise is the 23rd. What date in October are you going? Wouldn't it be great to get together on a different coast??!! Or better yet, maybe you are on our ship??

Archived