Bringing soda on board.

asda

I am planning to bring a 12 pack of pepsi one (my fav). I can also bring bottled water and juice boxes correct? We have 3 kids with us and I want to be sure they have stuff to drink while in the room

Correct, although you've probably already seen that the ship's water is excellent. Many folks just bring a few bottles of water and then refill from the ship's water.

We just returned from the Dawn. We brought two twelve packs onboard with no problem. I'd suggest though that whatever you bring - put it in a duffle bag or a suitcase. As we were waiting to sail we were watching the porters put the luggage onboard and I can't tell you how many cases of water/soda that weren't in bags broke open and were rolling all over the pier. The water is better than the best spring water!

You should also ask your room steward to empty out your fridge unless you're going to use some of the things inside. We did this which left plenty of room for our soda.

We actually brought on liter size bottles, in addition to a case of water. We had our mini bar cleared out so we could keep things chilled (a few waters at a time, and the sodas laid down sideways).

It's also good to remember that there are at least two sizes of fridges on different ships but the normal one is really small (barely fitting one litre bottles even sideways) - on our Febrary cruise on Pearl our travel companions' cabin next door (same cat as ours) had the "normal" fridge replaced by a bit larger one that was placed under the adjacent table instead of the hole in the cabinet that the fridge was designed to go.

We have a family suite so hoping the fridge is decent sized for their drinks. Going to call pre-concierge today and can request they empty the fridge. Have to find out more what is involved with pre-concierge etc. Thanks for the responses everyone! So you just put a room tag on your bag of drinks?

So, if you can bring soda on board, why not a 6 pack of beer in cans? Or do they check the luggage thoroughly??:D

They will check EVERYTHING! We even saw them opening people's 12 packs to make sure they didn't hide beer in them and we had to take our Sprite out so they could shake the bottles to make sure it wasn't vodka.

I usually bring one of those fold-up roller bags with me in my suit-case. Then the day before the cruise I load it up with soda and water. Some are still in the "packs" and some are just put in loosely so that I can get them all to fit. I have never had a problem with NCL... or any other line for that matter.

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

Archived