Explorer dry dock 2014?

jettman

Based off our May sailing, she needs more than a once over. How many coats of paint can they apply? Silversea, spend some time (and money) and do it right.

Mike, I agree about the need for help with food prep; I could never get a rare steak.

I did hear that they will be cutting the ship in half and adding a 60 foot section that will include 28 new cabins bringing occupancy to 188 guests.

Marc

The food preparation really is up to the chef.On our March/April cruise meat always came as ordered.That chef,Grant,is coming back on board the next cruise.

certainly no truth in the rumour that they will be increasing the passenger numbers on the Explorer.As I have said in my cruise report SS will announce a third Expedition ship in the near future.

The food preparation really is up to the chef.On our March/April cruise meat always came as ordered.That chef,Grant,is coming back on board the next cruise.

certainly no truth in the rumour that they will be increasing the passenger numbers on the Explorer.As I have said in my cruise report SS will announce a third Expedition ship in the near future.

Probably not a new-build. Any speculation on age and size? Did you hear whether it will be concentrating on a particular area or roving the world like the Silver Explorer?

Not a new build.Have heard some suggestions on the previous name of the ship but totally unconfirmed so I wont speculate.

On our African cruise March/April this year Conrad mentioned destinations such as Australia,Niugini and Indonesia.So possibly it will roam the world.The Explorer is primarily a Polar vessel and just relocates between the poles all be it by different routes.

Not a new build.Have heard some suggestions on the previous name of the ship but totally unconfirmed so I wont speculate.

On our African cruise March/April this year Conrad mentioned destinations such as Australia,Niugini and Indonesia.So possibly it will roam the world.The Explorer is primarily a Polar vessel and just relocates between the poles all be it by different routes.

I also chatted to Conrad, back in March. He was adamant that there were no plans to for another ship, however he mentioned that the Silver Explorer might be going into Indonesia, Borneo and Russian Far East in 2015.

I think if he knew anything about a new ship he would not have said anything, however he told me that he just came back from meeting in Fort Lauderdale where the Silver Explorer deployment was discussed. So maybe the Silver Explorer is in fact the ship that will visit those parts of the world.

Quote"The food preparation really is up to the chef.On our March/April cruise meat always came as ordered.That chef,Grant,is coming back on board the next cruise.

certainly no truth in the rumour that they will be increasing the passenger numbers on the Explorer.As I have said in my cruise report SS will announce a third Expedition ship in the near future."

Grant was the chef on our recent cruise on the Cloud to Norway, and we thought the food was some of the best we've ever had on Silversea. Wish he were going back on one of the larger ships. You are lucky to have him on the Explorer.

Edited by Emtbsam

• 10 months later...