Help please ~ car rental shuttle to MIA

rexy69

We used Budget last November and they had free shuttle from MIA to POM. Also noticed Alamo/National running them as well.

If you go with Budget, use BCD code Y937800...saved us a ton of money and requires no membership, affiliation or coupons.

I'm having a hard time finding info regarding which car rental companies have the free shuttle from the Port of Miami to Miami Airport. I need to rent a car for after our cruise next week.

We rented a car in FLL from Dollar and returned it @ MIA. they offered a free shuttle service. I think most major companies do offer a shuttle. Their website should say if they do.

Eeyoregon ~ I'm viewing the Budget website and from what I am reading, the shuttle will pick you up at the Port and take you to their downtown location...not the Miami airport. Is this what you did, as well? If so, was it ok? Did they have a good amount of cars for rent? It says you should call them at least 24 hrs before you need to be picked up from the Port...how do they expect that when we'd be out at sea, on the ship? Do you really need to make a confirmation call, or are there Budget Shuttles all around when you get off the ship?

I just reserved a car through Thrifty because I know for sure they have the shuttle from Port, but they are clarifying that you have to reserve it under the "Port pick up" option...which ends up costing about $5 more than if you go through the reserving process by just clicking the "MIA airport". Therefore the shuttles not really free afterall. But yet, you're still renting from the Miami airport.

I can easily cancel it, if your Budget experience went smoothly. Also, what's the discount code for, that you mentioned above? s it ok for anyone to use it, or is it associated with something?

Thanks

:)

Eeyoregon ~ I'm viewing the Budget website and from what I am reading, the shuttle will pick you up at the Port and take you to their downtown location...not the Miami airport. Is this what you did, as well? If so, was it ok? Did they have a good amount of cars for rent? It says you should call them at least 24 hrs before you need to be picked up from the Port...how do they expect that when we'd be out at sea, on the ship? Do you really need to make a confirmation call, or are there Budget Shuttles all around when you get off the ship?

I just reserved a car through Thrifty because I know for sure they have the shuttle from Port, but they are clarifying that you have to reserve it under the "Port pick up" option...which ends up costing about $5 more than if you go through the reserving process by just clicking the "MIA airport". Therefore the shuttles not really free afterall. But yet, you're still renting from the Miami airport.

I can easily cancel it, if your Budget experience went smoothly. Also, what's the discount code for, that you mentioned above? s it ok for anyone to use it, or is it associated with something?

Thanks

:)

Uh oh. I may have gotten my rentals mixed up!! We did use Budget but we rented it at FLL and the day of the cruise we returned it to their downtown office in Miami, which is less than 2 miles from port. We dropped the group and luggage at the port first and then 1 person ran the rental to the downtown Budget office and took a quick, inexpensive cab ride back to port. This was easier than trying to get all the people and luggage into a cab.

Sorry for the confusion. After the cruise we used Alamo and they picked us up for free at the port and took us to MIA. They didn't require an pre-call...buses were circulating every 20 minutes or so outside the exit from customs/baggage area.

Hope this helps.

Gina

We used Budget last November and they had free shuttle from MIA to POM. Also noticed Alamo/National running them as well.

If you go with Budget, use BCD code Y937800...saved us a ton of money and requires no membership, affiliation or coupons.

I need a car for a girls weekend in Fort Lauderdale in October and have one reserved through Thrifty for $170 so I tried your code on Budget. While I was there I saw a special on their page using

Wendie's Special Offer BCD D454300...what a great deal I got. I have a compact car for 4 days WITH taxes and fees for $110 total :D

Here is the link to the page directly from Budget:

https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/html/en/deals/wendie.html?&ICID=homepage_billboard&IID=wendie_august2013

Thanks for the code that lead me to the code ;)

I'm having a hard time finding info regarding which car rental companies have the free shuttle from the Port of Miami to Miami Airport. I need to rent a car for after our cruise next week.

Well...How was the cruise?

How was the Hollywood Water Taxi?

Be careful on who you choose to rent from. I sent a message to Budget to make sure they provided a shuttle or picked us up at POM upon getting back from a cruise. Their web site showed they provided this from POM into a Budget rental nearby the Port. Response from them was that NO they did not offer this due to the security at the Port. They asked I send them the information so they could correct this. Upon doing so I told them it looked like I better use someone else and did not get any response to that. The only rental agency I know that provides this service at this time is Alamo. Keep checking and reserve a vehicle when they put on a special.

Archived