SO EXCITED! Booked 1st time Suite! Please tell me what I can look forward to!!!

Dreamer333

I just booked Aft suite E733 on the Crown Princess!!!!

We've always done balcony cabins, but since this is my husband's 40th birthday, I want to spoil him and make it very special for him!

I've read things here and there about the awesome suite perks... so PLEASE... all of you seasoned Suite passengers.... do share!!! Please give me even more reasons to be excited!

What can we look forward to on this cruise???? I would love to hear your personal experiences in a suite. :D

Thank you!

I just booked Aft suite E733 on the Crown Princess!!!!

We've always done balcony cabins, but since this is my husband's 40th birthday, I want to spoil him and make it very special for him!

I've read things here and there about the awesome suite perks... so PLEASE... all of you seasoned Suite passengers.... do share!!! Please give me even more reasons to be excited!

What can we look forward to on this cruise???? I would love to hear your personal experiences in a suite. :D

Thank you!

I am looking forward to reading replies to this. We have our first full suite on our March 15 Coral Princess cruise and like you, are VERY excited!! I am sure you have seen the suite flyer on the Princess site, but I will post in just in case. I have heard fabulous things about the perk of breakfast at Sabitini's and that is one that I am really looking forward to.

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

I am looking forward to reading replies to this. We have our first full suite on our March 15 Coral Princess cruise and like you, are VERY excited!!

Did you get an aft suite? I'm curious to know what others think of them.

Yes, I heard great things about Sabatini's!

Did you get an aft suite? I'm curious to know what others think of them.

Yes, I heard great things about Sabatini's!

No, we went all the way and got one midship on the Dolphin deck. It's my 60th birthday present from my wonderful husband.

We enjoyed our 1st time in a suite (Sapphire Princess) a couple of weeks ago. One of the nice perks was a phone call each day asking when and where we wanted to eat that night - nice if you do anytime dining. You will get one free dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant. Ours had to be on embarkation night. You will get one free mini bar setup - 2 if you are Elite. You will get a beautiful flower arrangement and 2 splits of "champagne". My wife loved the plush robes and free thermal spa. The breakfast at Sabatini's was wonderful. We loved the poached egg dish and the service was impeccable.

We recently returned from the Coral where we had booked a suite. It was very large with a curtain between the sitting area and the bed area.The bathroom was split between toilet and bowl. The other half had a Jacuzzi tub, separate glass enclose shower with bath salts and other upgraded toiletries and linens there were flowers in a small vase on the counter.

The sitting area had a wet bar with stocked liquors and a full fridge of sodas beer and water.Also a desk. sofa, cocktail table with fresh fruit( replenished several times ), end table with fresh flowers.There will be literature in the cabin telling you all you can expect. You will get a free dinner at one of the speciality restaurants the 1st night. Call DINE and set up the restaurant you want ant the time you want. You can also have breakfast every morning i Sabatini's. We really enjoyed that. there is so much more and I won't make this any longer.Too many perks to list. We had the Fiji Suite.

As others have said, breakfast at Sabatini's is the best with wonderful service. We also had the best steward on our most recent cruise at the Sapphire in a vista suite. He was so attentive and provided great personalized service. You also get little things such as access to an elite/suite line at the Pursar's desk. Also if you have tender ports, it's great to have priority access to the tenders. You'll love being in a suite. Enjoy!

We had that same suite on Crown - it was lovely. The balcony had a large pole down the middle, so you lose some space, but it was fine. It was a great, quiet location, and close to the lifts that go up to Sabatini's for breakfast :)

We just returned from our aft suite on the Ruby Caribe deck.

Great things were:

The most incredible balcony ever. We did not have a beam, so the balcony was huge. Two lounge chairs with a small table. Also had a large round table with four chairs.

Breakfast at Sabatini's. The atmosphere and the service was a perfect way to start the day. They really made you feel special.

Choice of Canapes each day is fun. We had them delivered around 4pm so they would be there as we got ready for dinner and had them with wine.

If you are not elite, having the laundry done.

Can change mini bar for different items if you wish, and they call to make sure it was done.

Big bowl of fresh fruit and flowers. Also flower in bath. On formal night a corsage and bout are delivered to your cabin.

Extra amenities including gel mask, slippers, lint brush, body scrub glove, champagne, emery board, q-tips.

The bed seemed to be softer than any I've had on a Princess ship. Three different firmness of pillows for you to choose.

Just returning to a special cabin at the end of the day.

My daughter's handprint is in the railing of that suite from last March (wet varnish and she didn't see the sign in time, LOL). That was the suite that spoiled us forever.

You will have personal printed stationery on the desk: "Written At Sea - <your name> - Montego Bay Suite - Crown Princess" Write a note on that and you'll get a reply (even from the Captain)!

It is sooo quiet at that end of the hall.

Just be careful of the balcony door on the queen-bed side - it slides open when the ship rolls portward! :D

We had breakfasts and a dinner on that balcony, the "dreaded beam" is really no big deal.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

If you like chocolate covered strawberries, you can order a half dozen every day for deliver anytime after 4:00pm. There are other appetizer choices and the profiteroles were quite good. Also, you can order from the dining room menus through room service. You may need to ask you steward to bring them to you each day. When we ordered a dessert that should be served hot or cold, they would wait and make a second delivery to our room later. If you order afternoon tea you will get everything available in the DR and you will be able to feed 4 or more people :eek:

Sabatini's is quite nice for breakfast. In addition to mimosas, you can get any specialty coffee drinks you want. The pastries are small, about half the size of those in the DR. Easier to justify ordering two ;)

On our recent four day coastal cruise we got a call asking what time we wanted dinner reservations for the three nights after the dinner in the specialty restaurant on the first night. There are still limits as they would not take reservations between 6:00 and 7:30.

On the Sapphire when I went to reserve diner at the Sterling Steakhouse on the first night, I was first told that there were no reservations before 8:00. When I mentioned we were in a suite, we were then able to make earlier reservations. Apparently they were holding first seating reservations only for suite passengers.

There is a DVD player and a list of movies that you can borrow to view in your cabin. There were about 100 movies, some new, some old. My sister and I enjoyed a few movies in our suite as we had a lot of sea days.

Jackie

We've only booked aft suites on our Princess sailings thus far and loved them! So pretty to sit out and watch the wake. On our NE/Canada cruise, we ordered room service one evening and the waiter set it up with tablecloth etc on our balcony so we could dine with the gorgeous view.

I also concur w/ Sabatinni's breakfast. On the CB, it was run by the Crown Grill's evening staff and it was a totally superior experience compared to our dinner there. Near the end of the cruise, I ordered banana and the wait staff was so apologetic that they had to bring me a banana that had just started to turn brown. The maitre'd saw this and searched the back until he found one that was still fresh. We've always done anytime dining in the evenings so Sabatinni's is our only experience with having wait staff who remember that we don't drink coffee and always have our orange juice waiting when we walk in.

One other perk we also partook of is the ability to order from the dining room menu for room service. The only drawback is that everything arrives at once. We added cookies and milk to our order one night and stowed the glasses of milk in the mini fridge until we were done with dinner. Was really nice to enjoy more than just a sandwich from the comfort of your cabin after an exhausting port day.

There is a DVD player and a list of movies that you can borrow to view in your cabin. There were about 100 movies, some new, some old. My sister and I enjoyed a few movies in our suite as we had a lot of sea days.

Jackie

Loved this perk. Last cruise the scheduled evening entertainment was so lacking that we finally had the time to take advantage of this offer. We each borrowed movies that the other had no interest in seeing and not only saved the rental fees doing so at home would cost but also it was a nice break when one of us wanted to be out and about doing some activity on the ship that the other didn't care to do.

Since the cabin numbers aren't printed on the card, how do they know we are in a suite for things likeppriority tender, etc?

Priority tender tickets will be in your cabin along with your excursion tickets. The bulk of the time, we had a ship excursion planned on tender port days so we just met up with the rest of the tour and took the tender as a group. By the end, we joked about how much we could sell the priority tender tickets for. :)

Otherwise, a simple "suite #whatever" when asked your cabin # will get the response expected. We did that when arriving for our free embarkation night dinner at the Crown Grill and everyone was aware not to charge or make us sign for anything. When calling the DINE Line, we just said "hi this is suite #" and they gladly made an anytime dining time reservation for us that evening.

We booked our first suite in 09 to celebrate our anniversary, honeymoon, (which we never had) and birthday. Problem is we never went back to the balcony. It spoiled us we enjoy the extra pampering and amenities on the ships. One thing that is nice is free laundry on Princess. A note to Debbdo we will be on the same cruise.

Jim:):):)

We have sailed in E 733 but on the Golden. The cabin and balcony will be identical to what we had. Nothing, and I mean nothing beats an aft suite. We currently have three more booked on the Golden and the Diamond. Do not miss breakfast at Sabatini's. If it isn't on the menu ask. If you would like something like steak and eggs you may have to give them a days notice like I did but it was to die for.

You will find the cabin very spacious with more than enough storage. The jetted tub is nice and so is the shower which is close to twice the size of a standard balcony cabin. Speaking of balconies yours will be big enough to easily accomodate 15 people if you choose. Not quite as big as the suite above you on Dolphin but big enough.

I recommend going the Crown Grill for your free speciality dinner on sail away evening. I had a great slab of prime rib done exactly as I asked for it and DW had the lobster tails. Real Maine lobster and not the rock or spiney lobster tails most often served on the ship.

You only have one problem. There is no going back to anything less after a taste of the sweet life! Enjoy.

We booked our first suite in 09 to celebrate our anniversary, honeymoon, (which we never had) and birthday. Problem is we never went back to the balcony. It spoiled us we enjoy the extra pampering and amenities on the ships.

This is what I am worried about!! Lol

We have always been spoiled rotten and have had Full Suites. Last 2 cruises on the Aloha Deck on the rear of the ship. No wind, odors or soot. At Sabatini's they will know your name the second day and it is nice to get a Mimosa to start the day off with! You also get a free dinner at Sabatini's or the Crown Grill the first night.

We just returned from our aft suite on the Ruby Caribe deck.

Great things were:

The most incredible balcony ever. We did not have a beam, so the balcony was huge. Two lounge chairs with a small table. Also had a large round table with four chairs.

Breakfast at Sabatini's. The atmosphere and the service was a perfect way to start the day. They really made you feel special.

Choice of Canapes each day is fun. We had them delivered around 4pm so they would be there as we got ready for dinner and had them with wine.

If you are not elite, having the laundry done.

Can change mini bar for different items if you wish, and they call to make sure it was done.

Big bowl of fresh fruit and flowers. Also flower in bath. On formal night a corsage and bout are delivered to your cabin.

Extra amenities including gel mask, slippers, lint brush, body scrub glove, champagne, emery board, q-tips.

The bed seemed to be softer than any I've had on a Princess ship. Three different firmness of pillows for you to choose.

Just returning to a special cabin at the end of the day.

Everything you said was absolutely true and if I were to add anything it would be that the steward's are among the best on the ship and the Chocolate Covered Strawberries are to die for! ;) As I have seen stated on various threads; "Enjoy the suite life!" :rolleyes:

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

We sailed E733 on Star last October and are totally spoiled now having booked an aft suite on Pacific for Alaska. We loved the space, the split bathroom, the large private veranda. Our steward was the best we have had on any ship. We used room service a lot and it was always on time and good. We loved the priority boarding, priority tendering and Sabatini's as well as the gratis bar set kup and evening specialty reservation. I guess that about covers it.:D:D