NCL Getaway or MSC Divina

wsg

We have to make a decision by tomorrow. We are booked on the Epic the week after and RCCL Liberty the week before. I have gone on MSC in the Med and had a horrific time...I assume that was alot to do with the staffing and location. I only worry that two newish NCL ships in a row will be boring for the food menu, amenties (ice bar, slides), ect.

We are past guests on both lines.

I would really value your opinion. They are both around the same price. I just need to know: Do I give MSC another chance or do I go for the brand new unknown which may be a repeat the week after.

Tough life, I know.

Thanks in advance.

We have to make a decision by tomorrow. We are booked on the Epic the week after and RCCL Liberty the week before. I have gone on MSC in the Med and had a horrific time...I assume that was alot to do with the staffing and location. I only worry that two newish NCL ships in a row will be boring for the food menu, amenties (ice bar, slides), ect.

I would really value your opinion. They are both around the same price. I just need to know: Do I give MSC another chance or do I go for the brand new unknown which may be a repeat the week after.

Tough life, I know.

Thanks in advance.

Personally I would book Divina. It was great. The ship is fantastic. Then you have 3 different styles from 3 different cruise lines. Read the reviews recently on Divina they are really good. I would definately give them another chance. You didn't say what your issues were before so I cant comment if they have improved in those issues you had.

They have added more english speaking personal, and american type ammenities.

Edited by Bosjoe

I would be tempted to try the New ship after all the amenities are going to be different from the Epic and the Getaway design is nothing like the Epic.

Trying to compare service with MSC between the Med and the Caribbean would be like trying to compare a 2 star B & B with a 5 star Hotel.

Trying to compare service with MSC between the Med and the Caribbean would be like trying to compare a 2 star B & B with a 5 star Hotel.

I don't understand this. Do you mean it will be better in the Caribbean?

Personally I would book Divina. It was great. The ship is fantastic. Then you have 3 different styles from 3 different cruise lines. Read the reviews recently on Divina they are really good. I would definately give them another chance. You didn't say what your issues were before so I cant comment if they have improved in those issues you had.

They have added more english speaking personal, and american type ammenities.

Mostly it was the staff and extreme hostility. I am sure it will be different due to the aim at grabbing some of the US market. I am going to give it a try. I really want to try 5 different ships in a row. The pics of the ship are beautiful.

Tough life, I know.

Thanks in advance.

First of all, I would try the Getaway instead of the Epic.

But as you already booked the Epic... yes, the repetition of two NCL ships will be dead boring. You've been on MSC already.

Try someting new for you and much better:

Hands down the best 7 day cruise in the Caribbean

How I was trying to cruise on MSC Divina

Edited by cruisetrail

Im trying two new ships for me...the MSC Divina followed by the Getaway and Im very exdited...Don't be put off by other peoples opinion .... go and make your own opinion...go with an open mind and enjoy yourself...Right now the prices are so good for both of these ships there is no way I could resist trying them both....

We considered both but the prices on MSC blew the getaway out of the water. Especially when comparing the Yacht club to the Haven. No comparison and those that tried both, liked the service on MSC better. They gave the size of cabins to NCL. My suite on the Dawn will be bigger than the YC suite we have on Divina but the perks look better on Divina. The free booze and drinks alone would make a great difference. Changing menus in the YC dining room vs the everyday the same of the Haven looks better too.

I would love to do a B2B on the YC and Haven. :D

My opinion would be to try a new ship, and a new line!

You will be able to make a great comparison of 3 ships, 3 different itineraries, and 3 different cruise lines!

You'll be able to make your own opinions on each company instead of listening to others with different experiences, different tastes, and different desires from a cruise then you!

Have fun, sounds great!