Group amenities & points

kbatch

Group amenities, anyone familiar with this? We are currently a group over 28, with 9 rooms booked. More to follow. We have changed our reservation over to be a group and my NCL Cruise consult (I've used her 3 times now) sent this today. My question is the amenity points, does anyone know how they actually work?

I've attached the two amenities documents I was able to find... but I'm not sure how exactly they are applicable. Can anyone help, please?

"As a group you will receive one voyage fare, of the most commonly ordered cabin, minus taxes, to divide among each cabin as a discount. Plus you have 50 amenity points which you will choose from a list of items that you can give to everyone in the group.

All of this together will make for a wonderful cruise for you and your family.

Now that the group is formed you can add as many cabins as you wish. You remain a group as long as you have at least eight (8) cabins.

Talk to you soon..."

Thank you,

k

GroupAmenityMenu-12-2010.pdf

GroupAmenitiesProgram.jpg.d6fd8bebba87afdac77661586b3d85e4.jpg

We had a group cruise of 26 iirc with 8 cabins. Each cabin received a bottle of wine, a free private cocktail party for 1 hour for the group, and a free 8x10 photo. Most of us chose our group photo for the freebie. Our TA had prebooked all of these, so would assume this was how our points were spent as I never saw the docs you have. I suggest chatting up your pcc to figure out the best options for your group.

Group amenities, anyone familiar with this? We are currently a group over 28, with 9 rooms booked. More to follow. We have changed our reservation over to be a group and my NCL Cruise consult (I've used her 3 times now) sent this today. My question is the amenity points, does anyone know how they actually work?

I've attached the two amenities documents I was able to find... but I'm not sure how exactly they are applicable. Can anyone help, please?

"As a group you will receive one voyage fare, of the most commonly ordered cabin, minus taxes, to divide among each cabin as a discount. Plus you have 50 amenity points which you will choose from a list of items that you can give to everyone in the group.

All of this together will make for a wonderful cruise for you and your family.

Now that the group is formed you can add as many cabins as you wish. You remain a group as long as you have at least eight (8) cabins.

Talk to you soon..."

Thank you,

k

Hope I can answer your questions. Each cruise is allotted "x" number of amenity points based on a cruise lines estimate of how it will sale and if there will be a number of groups. When a group is booked that locks in the number of points for that sailing. As the group grows if it passes 8 cabins then it opens up more options available.

So lets say your cruise had 3 amenity points then your first amenity would be the $50 OBC per cabin. That is guaranteed even if you only get say 7 cabins. Now if your cruise had 4 points and you hit 8 cabins you would get the $50 and then could use the remaining point for say the cocktail party with dry snack or the bottle of wine with dinner for each cabin.

If the above is a direct quote from your agent then here is what you have. On most cruise lines they have what is called a Tour Conductor amenity. This requires a minimum of cabins to be sold in the group. If that is meet then there are usually a few options available.

First is as this quote suggests if the most commonly booked cabin in the group was say an oceanview and the single passenger fee without taxes was $800 then for say 8 cabins there would be a $100 discount on each cabin.

Option 2 is the person putting together the group may opt in some instances to take the whole TC and apply it to there cabin.

Option 3 is some travel agents never mention this to group and have the cruise line apply the amount to their commission. Not many agents do this but I have heard of it happening.

If you have 50 amenity points to work with for your group then you can work with your agent to get the most bang for your buck so to speak. That many points is actually quite a bit when you look at the chart you provided.

Hope this has helped. If you have any other questions you can email me privately.

Edited by Wildcatllamas