Jewel 22nd Nov 2014 - Tortola cancelled

PompeySailor

Just to let anyone know if you are sailing on Jewel 22nd November out of San Juan

Tortola BVI has been cancelled and we are now going to St Thomas instead

Here is the email from RC, received 5 minutes ago.

Dear Guests,

We the Global Tour Excursions Team would like to inform you of some changes on your itinerary for the Jewel of the Sea. Due to an itinerary modification the port of Tortola has been cancel and replaced with the port of St. Thomas. Please note that we've processed the cancellation of the original tour and a have issued a refund to your credit card. However, based on your interest in this specific excursion, we'd like to recommend the following alternate tour(s):

As popular tours sell out fast, we encourage you to visit us at http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/shoreExcursions.do to learn more and book one of the alternate excursions. If you prefer, please call us at (800)398-9819) and we'd be happy to assist you booking your preferred Shore Excursions. If you reside outside of North America, we encourage you to contact our local office or representative in your country. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and look forward to welcoming you onboard soon.

Thank you & Enjoy your Cruise!

Happy Days! More planning :)

OMG

The complete itinerary has changed

No Barbados and No Martinique..

Now we are going to Aruba and Curaçao.

Hopefully this is not an IT glitch:confused:

New Itinerary:

Day Port *** Arrive Depart Activity

22-Nov San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:30 PM

23-Nov Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 8:00 AM 5:30 PM Docked

24-Nov Basseterre, St. Kitts 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

25-Nov Cruising

26-Nov Oranjestad, Aruba 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

27-Nov Willemstad, Curacao 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

28-Nov Cruising

29-Nov San Juan, Puerto Rico 6:00 AM

Edited by PompeySailor

OMG

The complete itinerary has changed

No Barbados and No Martinique..

Now we are going to Aruba and Curaçao.

Hopefully this is not an IT glitch:confused:

New Itinerary:

Day Port *** Arrive Depart Activity

22-Nov San Juan, Puerto Rico 8:30 PM

23-Nov Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas 8:00 AM 5:30 PM Docked

24-Nov Basseterre, St. Kitts 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

25-Nov Cruising

26-Nov Oranjestad, Aruba 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

27-Nov Willemstad, Curacao 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

28-Nov Cruising

29-Nov San Juan, Puerto Rico 6:00 AM

False alarm.. Just Tortola changed for St Thomas.

DW got her 2014,s and 2015,s in a twist:eek:

Tortola is cancelled on our April 2015 cruise as well, I was really looking forawrd to going. It was replaced with St. Croix.

I do not recall an e-mail or any changes in our fees.

I wonder why they have canceled Tortola on so many cruises ... anyone know? :confused:

~:)

Cancelled on our March 2015 as well, subbed either St Maarten or St Thomas, don't remember which.

No change in port fees that I can see as yet, refund for booked excursion is showing as a credit to credit card.

Cruise planner still shows Tortola, hopefully will switch to St Thomas shortly.

What to do in St Thomas????

Would be interesting to also find out why Tortola has been removed from a lot of sailings

No change in port fees that I can see as yet, refund for booked excursion is showing as a credit to credit card.

Would be interesting to also find out why Tortola has been removed from a lot of sailings

Also canceled for Nov 8. Got my email today, cannot see any excursions yet for St Thomas and was told the generic listings may not be pertaining to my sailing. RC rep said it could take up to 30 days for new excursions to be posted. I am wondering why, also. Been to St Thomas twice so now makes three. Not real happy. It is a beautiful isalnd, and I could be home in PA , but was hoping for different. What to do? All I want is a beach! No long tours (did that already) and we do not snorkle

My mom's cruise in April 2015 was changed to St Croix a while ago. I think they are doing construction on the port.

Also canceled for Nov 8. Got my email today, cannot see any excursions yet for St Thomas and was told the generic listings may not be pertaining to my sailing. RC rep said it could take up to 30 days for new excursions to be posted. I am wondering why, also. Been to St Thomas twice so now makes three. Not real happy. It is a beautiful isalnd, and I could be home in PA , but was hoping for different. What to do? All I want is a beach! No long tours (did that already) and we do not snorkle

We have done St Thomas a few times as well!!

So snorkeling it will be for us.

We were really looking forward to the Gorda Baths. Oh well

My mom's cruise in April 2015 was changed to St Croix a while ago. I think they are doing construction on the port.

That would make sense as Tortola was marked as being Docked on our original itinerary.

Thanks for the info

Happy Days!

Edited by PompeySailor

Just found this online

Posted on 25th January 2014.. So RC have known for a while.

• *Tortola, British Virgin Islands: A major port expansion at Road Town will enable the port to accommodate ships carrying 4,000-plus passengers. Both Norwegian Cruise Lines and Disney have been given berthing preference. Other ships will be able to dock there as well, however.

Work is expected to start during this quarter to lengthen the existing cruise pier to 1,200 feet and extend its width to 45 feet, build an excursion/ferry dock, a visitor center, a boardwalk and four acres of shore facilities, including a shopping mall village, recreation elements and staging/transfer area.

Completion is projected Early 2015

Edited by PompeySailor

We have done St Thomas a few times as well!!

So snorkeling it will be for us.

We were really looking forward to the Gorda Baths. Oh well

You can still get to the Baths from St. Thomas, but it's a much longer ferry ride. :( I would be sad too, this was one of my favorite experiences of all my cruises.

As mentioned you can likely still book an excursion from St. Thomas to The Baths on Virgin Gorda. (Shore excursion STM8). Or consider an excursion over to nearby lovely St. John. You can book snorkeling at Trunk Bay- one of the top 10 most beautiful beaches, (STE8). A 'Self Explore St. John' excursion (ST03). A Catamaran 1/2 day beach & snorkel (ST82), etc. I'm not sure which excursions may be offered for your Jewel cruise, but here is a link to RCI's St. Thomas ones (including St. John and BVIs- two of my favorite places): http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/destinations/shoreExcursions/subGateWayByPort/search.do?LocationCode=STT :)

P.S. Thanks for the info on Tortola's port expansion, PompeySailor!

As mentioned you can likely still book an excursion from St. Thomas to The Baths on Virgin Gorda. (Shore excursion STM8). Or consider an excursion over to nearby lovely St. John. You can book snorkeling at Trunk Bay- one of the top 10 most beautiful beaches, (STE8). A 'Self Explore St. John' excursion (ST03). A Catamaran 1/2 day beach & snorkel (ST82), etc. I'm not sure which excursions may be offered for your Jewel cruise, but here is a link to RCI's St. Thomas ones (including St. John and BVIs- two of my favorite places): http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/destinations/shoreExcursions/subGateWayByPort/search.do?LocationCode=STT :)

Thanks for the excursion info, will look into still trying to do Gorda Baths

Appreciated.

Favoring the STE8 as our option "Trunk Bay has great reviews"

Me and DD can snorkel and DW can chillax and drink on the beach under a palm tree:)

Looked at the Gorda option, trip ends up being 7hrs and almost the cost pp as it was the 3 of us from Tortola.90 minutes both way on ferry!

Appreciated on the St Thomas link.. "Trunk Bay" it is.

Happy Days!

I have not received an email, but Tortola is a stop on our Jewel cruise in December. Think I need to give them a call. Hoping it stays. Never been and was looking forward to the Baths.

Your Itinerary for 12/20/14 sailing shows you as being in St Thomas!!

So looks like from Nov8 through until April 2015 no Tortola.

Would ring to obviously confirm.

I have not received an email, but Tortola is a stop on our Jewel cruise in December. Think I need to give them a call. Hoping it stays. Never been and was looking forward to the Baths.

Yup. Right after I posted this I went to RC website and logged into my cruise. St. Thomas is on the itinerary now instead of Tortola. Ugh. I like St. Thomas but I've never been to Tortola and the Baths cost a lot more from STT. :mad:

Yup. Right after I posted this I went to RC website and logged into my cruise. St. Thomas is on the itinerary now instead of Tortola. Ugh. I like St. Thomas but I've never been to Tortola and the Baths cost a lot more from STT. :mad:

I know nearly triple the cost!!

We have decided to go to St Johns now, so will revisit Tortola another year.

Enjoy your Christmas Cruise

Happy Days!

Your Itinerary for 12/20/14 sailing shows you as being in St Thomas!!

So looks like from Nov8 through until April 2015 no Tortola.

Would ring to obviously confirm.

Tortola is still showing on our 1/31/15 sailing on RCCLs site and on my cruises. RCCL also shows Tortola for the 1/3/15 and 2/28/15 Jewel sailings.

Tortola is still showing on our 1/31/15 sailing on RCCLs site and on my cruises. RCCL also shows Tortola for the 1/3/15 and 2/28/15 Jewel sailings.

Thread#4 and #5 have March and April cancellations.

Maybe January / February smack in the middle is Ok.

Would seem weird if they are building the port to close open and then close again

Would keep an eye on it though, Just incase.:)

Hopefully you are lucky and still get to see Tortola.:)

Happy Days!

Tortola is still showing for me and yet I got the email and my excursion is canceled. RC told me it might take a day or two to make the change and it could be up to 30 days before excursions for St Thomas are posted. (worse case scenario)

I am absolutely going crazy. We cancelled the Allure for Xmas which we had a great price. We had wanted this cruise and when delta dropped airfare to San Juan, we jumped on it.

If I'm going to have to repeat ports, I'd rather sail Allure. I cannot get my airfare back. If I could, I can never get the cabin and price I had before. It was so good.