Premium Cabins....

Ajkcruiser

as per Costa web site......." Premium Cabins occupy a privileged position on the higher decks of the ship and offer some delightful treats, including free continental breakfast on request, served in your cabin, free cabin service (24-hour Room Service) and the option to make a dinner reservation for the restaurant."

I just booked one on Deliziosa....... can anybody expand on the "Continental breakfast and 24 room service"...

Would I be able to order meals from the main dinning room or there is a Room service menu?

Would it cover drinks???

Thanks

AJ

On Pacifica last Jan we had a premium oceanview on deck 9 : as for the continental breakfast, it means that you can order the breakfast in your cabin as per the menu sheet provided ( to be hung on the door outside at bedtime ) without any extra charge. The other items in the questions I can't answer as we didn't use them but there is always a room service menu at a charge.

We had the in-cabin breakfast every day except disembarkation day and found it just what we wanted and very reliable.

Edited by Discount lovers

as per Costa web site......." Premium Cabins occupy a privileged position on the higher decks of the ship and offer some delightful treats, including free continental breakfast on request, served in your cabin, free cabin service (24-hour Room Service) and the option to make a dinner reservation for the restaurant."

I just booked one on Deliziosa....... can anybody expand on the "Continental breakfast and 24 room service"...

Would I be able to order meals from the main dinning room or there is a Room service menu?

Would it cover drinks???

Thanks

AJ

Attached is the Premium Cabin room service menu. You may order whatever you want from it.

Drinks that are included are listed.

Basic sandwiches, salads etc. are included too. A list is in the book of information in the cabin.

873767929_Costa-PremiumCabinRoomServiceMenu.jpg.75298c8d80d864bc611c7eeadf8966dc.jpg

Thanks for the menu..... by any chance......would you be comfortable to email it to me???? I can't read the attachment...if so.... aj.fontana@hotmail.ca

Thanks sooo much :)

AJ

Attached is the Premium Cabin room service menu. You may order whatever you want from it.

Basic sandwiches, salads etc. are included too. A list is in the book of information in the cabin.

Thanks for the pics......

Assuming they are not charging the 2 euros as stated ...... When in a premium cabin .....

Thanks for sharing

AJ

Thanks for the pics......

Assuming they are not charging the 2 euros as stated ...... When in a premium cabin .....

Thanks for sharing

AJ

You bet. No charge at all for Premium.

So much for Premium Cabins being in a "privileged position"

When I was trying to book an outside premium on Pacifica the other day, my TA offered me 2 cabins on deck 6 right at the front of the ship. I eventually got one almost mid ships on deck 2 which is a low deck.

Caryl

AJ - Are you able to read the emailed room service menu? If so, can you send it on to me, please? lambs2 at earthlink,net

Thanks!

Marguerite :)

Just saw the ERROR in my email address! :eek:

lambs2 (at) earthlink (dot) net

(So much for my proofreading...) :o

Would it cover drinks???

Thanks

AJ

Premuin cabins are on higher decks, but not necessarily in a priviledge position. The free continental breakfast in fairly basic, small rolls or croissants, butter / margarine, OJ, tea Americano coffee, hot & cols mild, cereals. Helps to pass the time while DW is getting ready, once ready then off for a real breakfast. It is delivered to your cabin but is not served.

Room service is not free, what is free is the room service delivery charge of €2. Room service covers items like sandwiches etc. no cooked meals can be ordered from the MDR.

"the option to make a dinner reservation for the restaurant." This is just a field in the Web Checkin, where you can entered your preferred choice of first or second dinner sitting, restaurant choice and size of table. This is just a request, not always available.

Premuin cabins are on higher decks, but not necessarily in a priviledge position. The free continental breakfast in fairly basic, small rolls or croissants, butter / margarine, OJ, tea Americano coffee, hot & cols mild, cereals. Helps to pass the time while DW is getting ready, once ready then off for a real breakfast. It is delivered to your cabin but is not served.

Room service is not free, what is free is the room service delivery charge of €2. Room service covers items like sandwiches etc. no cooked meals can be ordered from the MDR.

"the option to make a dinner reservation for the restaurant." This is just a field in the Web Checkin, where you can entered your preferred choice of first or second dinner sitting, restaurant choice and size of table. This is just a request, not always available.

G.M.T. There is no charge for room service or delivery when you order from the menu in the book in the cabin. Or, when ordering from the continental breakfast menu left in your cabin at night.

Were you charged??

We ordered the continental breakfast most days and were not charged. We didn't use room service, as we like to get out and about, but we did ask at reception and was told about free deliver for premium cabins but food was chargeable. There was no book in the cabin just the continental breakfast menu on the bed at night.. Got off the Fascinosa yesterday.

Need to book anothe cruise immediately to check this out.:D

Does anyone have a room service menu? Thanks

Edited by G.M.T.

We ordered the continental breakfast most days and were not charged. We didn't use room service, as we like to get out and about, but we did ask at reception and was told about free deliver for premium cabins but food was chargeable. There was no book in the cabin just the continental breakfast menu on the bed at night.. Got off the Fascinosa yesterday.

Need to book anothe cruise immediately to check this out.:D

Does anyone have a room service menu? Thanks

Hopefully you can read this...

2085085869_Costa-PremiumRoomServiceMenu.jpg.b82a53f160a5e267ad2503a6a22f646b.jpg

Hopefully you can read this...

Thanks for the photo, difficult to read completely but with a littie imagination when can guess most items.

When I post a photo (jpg) I first read / convert it into a pdf document and then post that. You can upload a much larger pdf file as a jpg file.

Thanks Salve! I managed to enlarge it after copying to another program and can read it. Any one know for sure if there is a charge for these menu items in a Premium cabin on ships sailing in 2015?

There is no charge if you have a Premium cabin in 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

So what would you get for the additional £95:

• Privileged cabins in terms of size and position
  • Free continental breakfast in your cabin (on request)
  • Free service in your cabin
  • Extra 10% discount on your next cruise
  • Enjoy all the services and facilities available on the ship
  • Double Costa Club points

The free breakfast in the cabin is alone worth €5 a day, plus plus plus.

It's your holiday - you deserve the best. Or not?:D

Edited by G.M.T.

So what would you get for the additional £95:

• Privileged cabins in terms of size and position
  • Free continental breakfast in your cabin (on request)
  • Free service in your cabin
  • Extra 10% discount on your next cruise
  • Enjoy all the services and facilities available on the ship
  • Double Costa Club points

The free breakfast in the cabin is alone worth €5 a day, plus plus plus.

It's your holiday - you deserve the best. Or not?:D

I am very tempted only concern is available cabins on deck 1. Do you think that will be ok. I've never stayed that low before

We had a mid ships on deck 1 doing transatlantic.

We loved the location but we had a major problem with noise from the crew bar. As we got nearer to Brazil the noise got worse every night as goodbye parties were being held. It went on until 3am each night!

We spent the last 5 days in a balcony cabin on deck 6 which was fabulous!

We should have complained earlier!

Our next cruise we are on deck 2

Have you thought of just paying extra for a balcony and forget the premium?

We booked our forthcoming cruise through a TA as it included flights and hotels - half Costas price so we couldn't make use of our 10 pc discount

We had a mid ships on deck 1 doing transatlantic.

We loved the location but we had a major problem with noise from the crew bar. As we got nearer to Brazil the noise got worse every night as goodbye parties were being held. It went on until 3am each night!

We spent the last 5 days in a balcony cabin on deck 6 which was fabulous!

We should have complained earlier!

Our next cruise we are on deck 2

Have you thought of just paying extra for a balcony and forget the premium?

We booked our forthcoming cruise through a TA as it included flights and hotels - half Costas price so we couldn't make use of our 10 pc discount

Thanks. I shall look at my options tonight

I am very tempted only concern is available cabins on deck 1. Do you think that will be ok. I've never stayed that low before

With regards to Deck 1, is that the deck you want to be on or have you beenassigned a cabin there?

Two additional priviledges for Premium, you can choose your cabin and 1st. or 2nd. dinner sitting.

Premium Balcony cabin 8327 on Costa Serena, avoid if noise is an issue. It is under the pool deck, where there is scaping of chairs and tables early in the morning and late at night, also on the Dubai cruise we had 3 deck party nights until 1'oclock so impossible to sleep for the loud music.