Smart Cruise Tours

Exploringtheworld

While they have had some good reviews, I've read of enough problems and bad reviews here that I would definitely not book with them. Especially when there are other providers that consistently get rave reviews.

Here is just one thread -- read all the way through it and you get a picture that it is a "hit or miss" operation. And do you really want to travel all that way and spend the money -- and risk having a "not great" experience?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1819668&highlight=smart+cruise+tours

Thanks for the feedback! Is there anyone out there that has used them? Cruisemom42 who would you use for shore excursions in Florence & Naples that aren't super expensive.

Not having used any private providers I can't recommend any.

I would just do it on my own, depending on what you want to do/see. Train to Florence from Livorno is cheap and easy. And if you want to go to Capri or Pompeii or Sorrento it is also VERY easy from Naples port. Several posters here can help you with details and info (and you'll also turn up the same info posted for others if you do a search) if you are interested.