Carnival Vista - 3 day CTN CANCELLED

landlady1952

Yup. I got the email this morning. Very disappointed!!!:( Looks to me like several November dates for the Vista are gone or being changed or something. The only thing I saw just now was the 6 day out of Miami for 11/27/16.

Now I booked this with a PVP. Will be waiting to see if he picks up the phone or emails me. Carnival is really irritating me this week!

I was booked on this cruise also and am very disappointed also. Here is the reasoning:

Due to recent changes in how ships are cleared into and out of the United States by US officials, certain short duration cruises without a foreign port of call are subject to itinerary changes beginning in 2016. Unfortunately, this means that we will not be permitted to operate the 3-day cruise to nowhere from New York.

I am hoping that our RCL 3 day will not be affected by this also :confused::(

I was booked on this cruise also and am very disappointed also. Here is the reasoning:

Due to recent changes in how ships are cleared into and out of the United States by US officials, certain short duration cruises without a foreign port of call are subject to itinerary changes beginning in 2016. Unfortunately, this means that we will not be permitted to operate the 3-day cruise to nowhere from New York.

I am hoping that our RCL 3 day will not be affected by this also :confused::(

If Carnival is to be believed, RCL must be affected, as the statement from carnival is that they are not permitted to operate a 3 day cruise to nowhere out of NYC.. I cant imagine that the govt would permit RCL to operate the cruise but not carnival

If Carnival is to be believed, RCL must be affected, as the statement from carnival is that they are not permitted to operate a 3 day cruise to nowhere out of NYC.. I cant imagine that the govt would permit RCL to operate the cruise but not carnival

What's more annoying is that the letter says your rate will be protected on a similar 3 day sailing. Really? Looks to me like all the cruises to nowhere have been cancelled. And the Vista out of NYC only had one to begin with. :rolleyes:

I just hope this doesn't apply to all 2 night cruises from NY. I usually book the January 2 nighters on NCL but they pulled the sailings off the website a few weeks ago.

I was really looking forward to this sailing and the Sunshine next June.

I think so also that is why this is going to really stink!!! :mad: Need to book something else now!

I just hope this doesn't apply to all 2 night cruises from NY. I usually book the January 2 nighters on NCL but they pulled the sailings off the website a few weeks ago.

I was just looking into the 4 nighter to Canada leaving June 21st 2016. Not crazy about going to Canada but hey its a cruise on a ship I have never been on.

I have been trying to book one for January 2016 and haven't seen them on NCLs schedule for months. I wonder if they were pulled a long time ago.

I was just looking into the 4 nighter to Canada leaving June 21st 2016. Not crazy about going to Canada but hey its a cruise on a ship I have never been on.

That's OK, I don't think Canada's too crazy aboot having you visit.:)

Edited by DirtyDawg

That's OK, I don't think Canada's too crazy aboot having you visit.:)
Oh take it easy :p we were already there and would have liked to do something different but the dates didn't work out. Edited by Theresa522

I have been trying to book one for January 2016 and haven't seen them on NCLs schedule for months. I wonder if they were pulled a long time ago.

I think I started checking around April. At that time, all the CTNs were pulled. When I called NCL they said sometimes the sailings are pulled off the site temporarily. I checked a few days later only the 12/15 was available. It's been that way ever since.

I was excited for the Sunshine CTN because it was in June and we would be able to enjoy the outdoor space. I don't when I'll have another opportunity to sail on the Vista.

I think I started checking around April. At that time, all the CTNs were pulled. When I called NCL they said sometimes the sailings are pulled off the site temporarily. I checked a few days later only the 12/15 was available. It's been that way ever since.

I was excited for the Sunshine CTN because it was in June and we would be able to enjoy the outdoor space. I don't when I'll have another opportunity to sail on the Vista.

Yeah we were planning to start taking those short NCL cruises annually. Totally bummed out. :(

The repo is also not a repo anymore. It's now a NY round trip. I'm not happy. I have a Havana cabana and I don't want to sail round trip to NY. It's too cold.

What is the date for the new RT sailing? Nothing is showing on the website.

I guess Carnival hasn't notified anybody but those who already booked cruise because if you check 3rd party sites the cruise is still there along with NCL CTN AND SUNSHINE CTN. awfully confusing.

When I called Carnival the Rep asked me to please send her a copy of my email :eek: Then while on the phone with me she received the email from her manager stating the cancellation. For some reason Carnival notified the customers first. :confused: