Jewel Dining & Showtimes

mrg0433

I'm taking a guess here as I was on the Jewel and our dining times were 6 and 8:30. We had 2nd seating at 8:30 and the pre-dinner shows were usually at 7:15 and the post-dinner shows were at 10:45.

So based on your 7:45 dining times, I would guess that the pre-dinner shows would be about 6:30 and the post-dinner shows would be around 10:00 pm.

Times are not staggered. Early seating all sit at the same time and late seating does the same.

HTH!

We noticed that all but one of the pre-dinner shows we missed because we were usually taking naps after a long port day & then getting ready for dinner upon waking up (showers, doing my hair, etc.). We saw all of the post-dinner shows though. It worked out better for us as well...

filosofe....How do you know that? On our last couple of cruises, the dining time was pushed back to 8:45 on the first night and then it was 8:30 the rest of the cruise. Hmmmm....7:45 is going to seriously cut in to my Concierge time! Although I like the idea of finishing dinner before 10.

Does anyone else have any information about these dining times?

Wow...I just got off the Jewel and the dining times the first night were the same for the whole cruise...Main seating was always at 6 and the second seating was always at 8:30. I'm glad they didn't make an exception for the 1st night...that would've thrown me off way too much!

Wow...I just got off the Jewel and the dining times the first night were the same for the whole cruise...Main seating was always at 6 and the second seating was always at 8:30. I'm glad they didn't make an exception for the 1st night...that would've thrown me off way too much!

Jodi,

How about a review for those of us looking forward to out first Jewel experience?

It doesn't have to be long. Must dos and must don'ts.

I'm trying to remember where I saw that first night was pushed up...

I remember showing it to my wife after I finished reading it. It wasn't an "official" statement, that much I remember.

I've been reading so much stuff lately, I just can't remember where I read it and it's DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!

Jodi,

How about a review for those of us looking forward to out first Jewel experience?

It doesn't have to be long. Must dos and must don'ts.

Actually, I posted a full review on the Baltics sight

here. Hope you enjoy it!

As for do's/don'ts, I would definitely not miss the shows if guest entertainers were brought in for the evening...the shows we caught with guests were wonderful!!

Don't feel compelled to take all excursions through RCCL. If you have done your research, many of the port cities have city passes that will include your admission and transportation for much cheaper than the RCCL excursion. We did all the cities on our tour solo (independent of RCCL) and it was wonderful!!! If you want to--fine--but I'm just suggesting that there are options for you out there!!! Don't be afraid to use them!!

The dining staff is more than willing to accommodate you. If you want 2nds, or 2 different entrees simultaneously, they will get you anything you want. If you don't like what you ordered, let them know and they'll graciously take it away and get you something else. Don't feel intimidated....the nice thing is that you've already paid for your meals, so it's not like you'll get double-charged or anything!!

Don't miss the piano bar singer in the Schooner Bar at night or the string trio in the Centrum in the afternoon...some of the best talent on the ship!!

Hope this helps...after reading my review, if you have more questions, let me know!!!

filosafe

I think I also read it posted by someone on our Jewel 9/12/2005 thread. If I remember correctly their travel agent had given that information to them.

Carolyn

Thanks Carolyn....I new I wasn't going crazy!

Larry

filosofe....How do you know that? On our last couple of cruises' date=' the dining time was pushed back to 8:45 on the first night and then it was 8:30 the rest of the cruise. Hmmmm....7:45 is going to seriously cut in to my Concierge time! Although I like the idea of finishing dinner before 10.

Does anyone else have any information about these dining times?[/quote']

I know what a Concierge is....but can you tell us what you mean by "Concierge time"?

For Diamond and Diamond Plus C&A members and also guests in suites, there is a Concierge Lounge. The "concierge time" that I was referring to is the time between 5:30 and 8:30 when drinks and hors d'ouvres are offered. We like to go in and have a drink or two before dinner and socialize with all of those folks. You meet some interesting and well traveled people. The concierge lounge is open all the time and the concierge has done some really nice things for us. It's a very nice perk for reaching Diamond and Diamond Plus levels.

For Diamond and Diamond Plus C&A members and also guests in suites' date=' there is a Concierge Lounge. The "concierge time" that I was referring to is the time between 5:30 and 8:30 when drinks and hors d'ouvres are offered. We like to go in and have a drink or two before dinner and socialize with all of those folks. You meet some interesting and well traveled people. The concierge lounge is open all the time and the concierge has done some really nice things for us. It's a very nice perk for reaching Diamond and Diamond Plus levels.[/quote']

Hmmm.....nice to know. I didn't know about this (although on Royal, we're not at that level yet).

I had my TA check on the dining times and RCL said, they changed the dining times when the ship sails out of Boston. Main is 5:30 and late 7:45

Madelene

Seems like that is no reason at all to change the times, must be a better reason then that or the times above are wrong.

Jimbo:confused:

Archived