Just off Getaway...Pics menus

Davey-D-99

They are from the complimentary restaurants... Taste, Savor and Tropicana. They all share the same menus. I missed a couple because we went to Illusionarium one evening and Shanghai noodle another. Those were also very good. O'Sheehans was also very good, we went for lunch a couple times and late night wings and nachos. I was impressed with all the food except for the scrambled eggs at the buffet breakfast:eek: Wait for the fresh omelet... Trust me!!

Thank you thank you thank you!!! Could you possibly tell us which menu is to which restaurant?

thanks again!

These look to all be from the free dining rooms... Taste, Savor, and Tropicana. All of the dining rooms have the same menu on each particular day.

I'm on Escape at the end of the month and I assume the main dining room menus will be similar. Thank you so much for posting these! So many things look so scrumptious, I am already envisioning myself being the consummate pig and getting three appetizers and two entrees! Dorada ceviche, fried brie, and Duck soup to start!

They are from the complimentary restaurants... Taste, Savor and Tropicana. They all share the same menus. I missed a couple because we went to Illusionarium one evening and Shanghai noodle another. Those were also very good. O'Sheehans was also very good, we went for lunch a couple times and late night wings and nachos. I was impressed with all the food except for the scrambled eggs at the buffet breakfast:eek: Wait for the fresh omelet... Trust me!!

Thanks much!

Would you by any chance remember what day the rack of lamb was served?

Thanks for the new menus!

Did u make reservations for the main dinning room? How long is typical wait if not....new to NCL so all the reservations are new to me...and have udp so trying to plan that all out, but don't want to miss beef Wellington in the main dinning room!

Thanks for posting!

I noticed on past menus posted on here that there was a few different pasta/lasagna dishes offered daily. I think they called them "classic dishes". I didn't see those on the menus you posted. The only pasta I see on the menus you posted come with seafood. Does anyone know if they still serve the classic pasta/lasagna dishes?

Rack of Lamb... Served Tuesday night.

No reservations were made except for the first and last night for our large group of 23 at Tropicana. I believe we were only allowed to make a reservation because we were a large group. Many of the others in our group ate at specialty restaurants many evenings as well. The biggest praise was for Moderno.

U have pics of osheeans? Or noodle bar? Or buffet!? I think ur first to post pics sense new menu changed. Thanks again

U have pics of osheeans? Or noodle bar? Or buffet!? I think ur first to post pics sense new menu changed.

Sorry..No I don't have any other pics of menus or food. I wasn't even aware it was a newer menu...lol

I thought Shanghai Noodle was really good. I had fried pork pot stickers, spring rolls, shrimp and chicken noodles, and combination fried rice. Soooo good!

O'sheehans was also good... Wings, Burgers, Nachos, Fajitas, Fish and Chips...etc.

Buffet was a little hectic at times... Pizza was meh. Burgers at O'Sheehans were better. Most of the rest was pretty good though.

Do u kno when the beef Wellington was served? I wonder if the rotation of the food stays the same week after week...I have udp but don't know when I should reserve those restaurant...I don't want to miss out on food like beef Wellington or lamb...from the main dinning room...u thinking marking reservation when getting right on board is to late? Once I ask Mdr what the rotation is for the week

Rack of Lamb...Tuesday

Lamb Shank...Thursday

I had a lamb stew on the first night (Sunday)... Very good!! Sorry I didn't get a menu pic from that night.

Beef Wellington... Friday.

We decided on Shanghai Noodle that night. Our friends had the Beef Wellington at Savor and loved it!

Rack of Lamb...Tuesday

Lamb Shank...Thursday

I had a lamb stew on the first night (Sunday)... Very good!! Sorry I didn't get a menu pic from that night.

Beef Wellington... Friday.

We decided on Shanghai Noodle that night. Our friends had the Beef Wellington at Savor and loved it!

Great thanks. Really great information you provided. Can't wait to get on this ship!

The missing menus are from Sunday...I know there was lamb stew and tarragon chicken. I had clam chowder for an appetizer. Cherries Jubilee for dessert!

Wednesday is also missing. Our family went to Illusionarium. I remember some others in our group were not happy with the selections at the complimentary that evening so they went to La Cucina. I have no idea what was on the complimentary menu that night.

Word of advice... Don't order the mint tiramisu on Saturday. Four people at our table ordered and no one enjoyed it... Banana's Foster was great however!!

Also... They were more than willing to serve rigatoni pasta with a plain marinara red sauce instead of pesto with shrimp. My daughter asked for that a couple nights.

Edited by Davey-D-99

No..... GSC, Ocho Rios, Cayman, Cozumel.

Loved GSC... Provided BBQ was awesome. Margarita bar!!!!!

Climbed Dunn's River at Ocho Rios. Just went on our own. Taxi.

7 Mile Beach at Grand Cayman was nice. We were forced to leave early due to impending winds though.

Didn't do anything really at Cozumel... Just walked around a bit and then went back to ship to enjoy a quieter buffet and much less crowded pool deck!!!!

How much was the taxi to Dunns? I was wondering whether to do the excursion or just take a taxi.

Did you do any sit downs for breakfast? Wondering if they still have the banana foster waffle?

Taxi to Dunns was $15 each way... Split between 7 of us. We walked a bit away from the dock and we're immediately offered cheaper taxis than those waiting right out of the dock. Admission to Dunn's was $20 US per adult. Much cheaper overall than an excursion.

Yes we ate at Savor one morning. I don't recall banana waffles. Kids had pancakes and I had eggs benedict. Really nice change from buffet. Service was pretty slow though, don't plan a sit down if you have an early morning planned for something. They never seemed prepared for the amount of people who wanted sit down breakfast. O'Sheehans also served sit down breakfast.