Breeze or Liberty

Ive heard Pros and Cons about the Carnival Breeze and RC Liberty of the seas. Has anyone been on both ships? Im really looking for good food and a good time for my kids during sea days. Thanks for the input!

We haven't been on the Liberty ( have been on the Allure), but we were on the Breeze. (There is a link to a small review under my signature). The kids like the food on the Breeze better. The Guys Burgers, the pizza...they couldn't get enough. They said they felt that we did more as a family on RC and there seemed to be more activities for the kids ( mine were older ..in their teens). We were traveling for the ports so that determined the ship we chose. This year we will go back to RC ( Anthem) because we haven't been to Bermuda and we wanted a shorter cruise ( doing a 5 day) because thats about all the time we have for a vacation this summer.

Lisa

I forgot to add that one thing we liked on Breeze was the self serve laundry.My kids brought enough clothes for a week with some extra on Allure, but ran out quickly due to sweating ( the sports court) and changing clothes as well as getting sandy from the beach excursions, . Some days they stayed a little smellier than others ! LOL . On the breeze , my oldest son took advantage of the washers/dryers and did some laundry during the trip. He was able to pack lighter that way.

Lisa

We've been on Breeze and Freedom, which is the same class as Liberty, and we personally liked Freedom far better. The major differences for us were the service and the clientele. RCCL definitely pays a lot more attention to detail with customer service, in our experience, and the clientele on Carnival tends to be the college crowd. The first thing I heard going out onto our balcony on the Breeze was a man in the room next to us yelling down to his buddy "Wooo! I'm hammered, man!" Not exactly pleasant for young families to be around.

Pools also tended to be a little less jam packed on Freedom than on Breeze. (although still pretty full) Something to note - the Breeze's main pool has no hot tubs next to it. The only hot tubs in the pool area are next to the aft tides pool, and they are generally packed. So, we usually had to go down to the promenade deck or to the spa for hot tubs on the Breeze.

The things I would give the Breeze the leg up on would be cabins and casual food options. The Blue Iguana Cantina and Guy's Burgers were fantastic, and the cabins were quite spacious and brand new.

In the end, it depends on what you prioritize. If you like a party atmosphere and don't really care about formal nights and such, go Breeze. If you want a slightly calmer atmosphere with a little more attention to detail, Liberty.

I sailed on the Breeze and my kids absolutely loved the water slides and the kids play area with the huge dumping bucket of water. I prefer the food on Breeze specifically Guys Burgers and Blue Iguana Cantina. I did not notice any college age partiers but I would stay away from sailing during spring break. The cost of Carnival was also cheaper since we have little ones its not always worth it to pay so much for them. We also enjoyed the golf and ropes course and the movies at night on the big screen. I say book both if you cant decide :D jk

Edited by anesthetist2be

The serenity area was awesome, water slides on Breeze were fun, Guys burgers over JR any day, the 5D movie theatre was a lot of fun. Haven't stayed in the Cove balcony but I hear there nice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We've done both and preferred Liberty. I'm sure your kids will enjoy either ship and the Breeze's additional casual food options. We feel the Breeze is too crowded at the pool areas and missed the mark with the shows. Liberty now has great slides, flowrider, shows, ice rink, - so I would give the edge to Liberty