HAL Zuiderdam SS Suites - Cabin 6052

CapnSP

Hi - I'm looking into a cruise on the Zuiderdam in Oct-2016 and considering cabin 6052. Has anyone stayed in this cabin? It looks like the balcony is wider than the average balcony, but is the balcony roomy or cramped? I've read the balcony is not as deep as a regular balcony.

Also is the SS suite itself roomy? On our last HAL cruise we had an SB suite on the Westerdam which I know is larger but hopefully the Zuiderdam SS suite is still roomy and comfy.

--Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi - I'm looking into a cruise on the Zuiderdam in Oct-2016 and considering cabin 6052. Has anyone stayed in this cabin? It looks like the balcony is wider than the average balcony, but is the balcony roomy or cramped? I've read the balcony is not as deep as a regular balcony.

Also is the SS suite itself roomy? On our last HAL cruise we had an SB suite on the Westerdam which I know is larger but hopefully the Zuiderdam SS suite is still roomy and comfy.

Love the Signature Suites. They are 1.5 times the size of a balcony cabin (wider). And they have the suite bathroom (2 sinks, tub AND shower). For comparison, the SB cabin is 2x the size of a regular balcony cabin. So, while you are stepping down, I think you will be quite happy with an SS.

6052 is a "hump" cabin and a bit bigger than the typical SS, as is the balcony. See thumbnails.

If you Google Zuiderdam 6052, you may be led to the site where the photos came from. We aren't allowed to post it.

Cheers!

P1000520.jpg.55ff4ac73a0ebb309dfdbf492ba6cd25.jpg

P1000521.jpg.d71c56f02fac5a48860c9412f41dab87.jpg

Edited by AZNative2000

Be mindful of what's above you, Lido kitchen area, lots of noises. That was my experience on the Zuiderdam.
The only thing above you is the Pinnacle Suite and that will only be noisy if they are throwing a big party.

We had 6052 and loved it!! The verandah was more protected than even the Deck 5 aft verandahs. The reason is because the Pinnacle Suite above overhangs 6052 by about 2 feet more than others. So while the Penthouse (Pinnacle Suite) and others get rained upon, 6052 does not:)

Another great thing about 6052 is that the stateroom in the front bend of the ship. If it is cold and windy you can stand, or sit, right next to the divider and be protected from the weather.

Hubby and I have agreed that "IF" our Penthouse (we consider any Deck 5 Aft Wrap as "Our Penthouse") is not available, the only other stateroom we would accept is 6052.

Joanie

Edited by IRL_Joanie