Upsell

patikake

If you book a gty balcony ....what's the chance of a Upsell?

I fairness to your question I am going to give you a real answer.

First there is a difference between an upsell and a complementary upgrade. I think you are really asking what are the chances of being assigned a room better than a balcony, which is what you are guaranteed.

My experience is that every time I took a guarantee I was assigned a category higher than that which I booked.

By no means should that be used as a statistic because I may have just been very luck and I was always travelling off season, and in a couple of the situations I booked close to sail date.

Remember also when you book a guarantee a lot of the time the guarantee is for a specific category within the category. So if you guarantee a BD and you end up in a BA...technically that is an upgrade.

In all sincerity you would never be offered an upsell on a guarantee untill you were assigned a true room choice. For instance you were assigned a room that was a connecting room and for whatever reason they were trying to get that particular room to complete the arrangements for a family...in that situation they can just move you....to a room as good or better. They do not need to offer an upsell.

Some of the rooms that seem to get upsells quite frequently are aftview. There is no real science to it, but they are very sought after and if they can move aftview people up a category they can upsell other balcony people to the aftview for a price.

I hope that helps a little. The key with a guarantee is to look at the map, find the worst room in the category you are guaranteeing....loook at it....see if you could live with it.......and be prepared to possibly get it....anything other than that is gravy and you should be happy.