Vifp points for carnival australia

I have already asked this in a couple other places but I want to be sure, so I will ask here as well.

If I book a cruise with Carnival Australia, will those days count toward my overall VIFP days?

I have a chance to book a wonderful cruise next year on one of my favorite ships, the Legend. The booking would be through Carnival Australia, the booking is not even available on the US web site. This cruise would make both my wife and I platinum, and while that is not a deal breaker, I would at least like to be sure these days will be added to out US past cruises.

Has anyone done this, and is anyone absolutely certain this is how it works? I know they only count points from "Carnival Cruises" and not sister companies. I just want to know I would get the points added to the ones we already have.

Thanks.

Jim

Yes it will. When I click the link on the Australian site to log in to my VIFP account, it actually takes me to the US site, so it is all linked.

For us at least, it's not updated until a few days after our cruise, as in our latest cruise won't show up straight away, so if there are any problems with your status not being at the right level when you board, just see Guest Services and they will fix it for you.

I've seen it confirmed on the Australian Facebook page for Carnival too, it is all linked.

Edited by Tigerlily75

I first cruised on carnival in 2008 way before they started cruising in Australia, & under the old rewards program. I then did some more overseas & became Gold on our second cruise & have been Gold ever since. Our last carnival cruise was here in Australia on the Legend & booked through carnival Australia. At checkin we had our usual Gold cards waiting for us & within 2 weeks after the cruise our vifp accounts were updated with the new points.

As a bonus, because carnival is still fairly new in Australia, there are not many gold card holders, only 18 on our cruise & no higher, so we were kind of treated like royalty compared to cruising out of the US. We were even given a very nice & intimate & fun party with the captain & staff. Sat down at a table & had a chat with the captain for about a good 15mins which isn't very common.

So if you're platinum I would imagine you will be very spoilt.