Norwegian Spirit, Buses off port?

K9Sixtwo

Quick question, does anyone know if there are courtesy buses off the ship into any of the towns we dock at on the Med cruises, I'm not worried about Toulon, Kotor or Mykanos, which are right on the port, but wonder about Livorno, Civittavechia and Athens? If they do have a courtesy coach does it provide return travel from a central drop off, and where do they drop off initially from the boat.. and finally do they charge for the courtesy coach?

Quick question, does anyone know if there are courtesy buses off the ship into any of the towns we dock at on the Med cruises, I'm not worried about Toulon, Kotor or Mykanos, which are right on the port, but wonder about Livorno, Civittavechia and Athens? If they do have a courtesy coach does it provide return travel from a central drop off, and where do they drop off initially from the boat.. and finally do they charge for the courtesy coach?

Livorno - there is a bus to the town square, operated by the port, which costs €5 return (from memory). NCL offer a shuttle to the train station for $15 return.

Civitavecchia - free shuttle bus to a drop off point just outside the port. It is a bit of a walk from there to places like the train station. There is a local bus nearby I think.

Athens - I don't think there is anything here. Unlike Livorno and Civitavecchia, you can easily walk out of the port.

Livorno - there is a bus to the town square, operated by the port, which costs €5 return (from memory). NCL offer a shuttle to the train station for $15 return.

Civitavecchia - free shuttle bus to a drop off point just outside the port. It is a bit of a walk from there to places like the train station. There is a local bus nearby I think.

Athens - I don't think there is anything here. Unlike Livorno and Civitavecchia, you can easily walk out of the port.

Yes, I think this is accurate.

In Civitavecchia, there was a free shuttle to the "port entrance." It's walkable to the train station (about 15-20 minutes). You could also take a local bus from the "port entrance" to the train station for 2 euros per person.

In Livorno, there was a paid shuttle to a central point in Livorno or the train station. Details were in the Freestyle newsletter the previous night. I think it was $12 per person to go to the train station.

In Athens, there wasn't a shuttle, but Athens is only about 20 minutes away. There is also a metro. Sorry, don't know the details as we took a tour.