How do you pack jewelry?

Post earrings on a business card is a handy tip I've used.

If I have the space, I've put each night's clothes over a cheap thin metal hanger and poking a hole near the top of the bag, attach a zip-lock for each night's jewelry. Chunky necklaces work best for this. Added benefit--open suitcase, put each hanger in closet and voila! Unpacked!

I used the straw idea for my necklaces when moving recently, and although they didn't get as tangled as they would have otherwise they did still get a bit tangled together. Maybe use a straw (cut into a smaller size) so it doesn't tangle on itself and then put it by itself into small zip-lock bag to keep it from tangling with other necklaces?

Personally I hate to pack jewelry so whatever I wear on the plane or in the car is all I take.

I don't take a lot of jewelry when I travel, and the items I do take are not bulky.

For necklaces...I also use the ziploc technique and it's worked pretty well for me. I tried the straws myself, and found them to be a pain.

I use small clear hard plastic containers for things like earrings or rings. I put a cotton ball or cut a piece of cosmetic cotton to fit in the container for cushion. I've tried jewelry rolls, travel cases etc and they just never seemed to work for me. So the jars are perfect for my needs. You can get a few different sizes on eBay for very little $ (search "sample cosmetic jar").

I use the plastic pill-a-day containers. Each day's section will hold a pair of earrings or a ring or two. They are inexpensive, lightweight, secure, and don't take up much space.

Sorry for the double post--it was an accident and I can't figure out how to delete the second one!

Edited by cat-tav
accidental double post