Invoices, Cruise Planner and IT

So, there really is a problem with making purchases on the cruise planner prior to the final payment. I made my final payment through my TA today, and they sent me back and invoice with an unpaid beverage package on it associated to me as the passenger. The thing is, I bought that package (and paid for it) using the Cruise Planner way back in October when they had a sale on the refreshment package.

I followed up with my TA providing proof of payment (email confirmation and a copy of the order history in the Cruise Planner). But now I'm still concerned that I'm going to get my cruise automatically cancelled in a couple of weeks following the final payment date.

I warned the TA about the issues I've read people having on CC... hopefully this can get straightened out without having to rebook everything.

There certainly are issues with Royal Caribbean's site/software from time to time - tons of posts over time verify this fact.

That said, I know from several research interactions with their tech team that those who use any browser other than MS IE seem to have the most problems.

Example: Prior to our recent Harmony cruise...we had no issues and could do all reservations in advance using IE, but tried to do them using Chrome with all sorts of "hiccups" and/or missing information on the Planner screens.

We had a similar experience 10 months earlier for another cruise.

In addition, looking at Crown & Anchor sales has resulted in a similar experience..where information is inconsistent when using any other browser than MS IE (including Safari and Chrome).

I'm convinced the IT team codes their site and information to Microsoft Internet Explorer specs, and then attempts to duplicate it for other browsers (with mixed results) - that's based on literally dozens and dozens of compare attempts of the same information at the same time on the same computer.

That's a backward way of doing things, considering Most browsers are 99.9% standards compliant, and IE is much less compliant. I build ecomm sites for a living, and hate dealing with IE. All the other browsers just work.