Eyeglasses NOT Contacts While Snorkeling

No....... If you have glasses and can't wear contacts, then you'll be best off by getting a prescription mask... If you wear glasses while snorkeling/wearing a mask, then you'll have flooding of the mask with the ear pieces coming under the mask... You'll be very unhappy... But if you want to see for sure, put your glasses on, then your mask and go to the pool... But I can almost guarantee you'll have flooding.... Hope this helps......

When I first started scuba diving, I used some old lenses attached to the outside of my mask with boat sealer silicone on the sides. Looked weird, but worked quite well. I attached them on the sides leaving space for water between lens and mask. Inside the mask, you might remove the earpieces and see what happens. The lenses may fog which is why I put them on the outside. Your mask might well hold the glasses sans earpieces quite well. Try it in a pool. If the lenses fog, it likely indicates that you are trying to breath thru your nose.

We are going to Tahiti in August and yesterday I splurged and bought the mask at Sports Authority that has the improved glass. They come in three strengths. I am a -5 so I bought the strongest one. I had been looking at it for a long time and finally found it on sale. 25% off. The regular price is 59.00 but I thought it was worth it just to be able to see better.

Archived