Sting Ray Pictures

Wennfred

Ohhh i cant wait....ill be swimming with the stingrays in nassau in 3 weeks...my first time too.....thanks for sharing the pics...hopefully i can take a few pics like that.... :D

Those were taken by those kodac Underwater cameras that I got from Walmart.

thanks Fred...I was a little hesitant to go on the Pearl Island w/ rays in Nassau, but I think your pics prove that Steve Irwin's freak accident was just that...a freak accident. I saw where someone posted that Steve would want all of us to NOT be afraid, and still go on the excursion. They are right, I am sure that is what he would say if he were still alive. Wildlife intrigues me...but I am mindful that they are wildlife and not household pets.

No Problem, the Sting Rays we met down in Sting Ray city were always making the rounds around our legs or would even swim between your legs, you can also see them coming from far away or watch people freak out, you knew one was coming by. We didnt see any laying on the floor, I'm sure they do, what I did was snorkled on top and look where I was going to stand before I stood up or walked.

Do they hang out on the floor a lot, i dont think i will mind them moving around me..(ok who am i kidditn ill prb freak out at first) but if i stepped on one, i wil surely be flying back to the boat?? every time i see pics they look like the are just swimming...any thoughts or comments from people that have done SC??

We did Stingray City last September and we are going again on Sept. 20 with Nativeway Watersports.. We are doing the "Rays, Reef and Rum Point Excursion".

After seeing that picture I just said "Whoa!" I never would have imagined a barb that large. Now thats all I'm going to think about as I stand there around the stingrays!!! I won't be kissing them this time! I will still get out there and pet them but thats it. I will try not to make any fast movements or scream. (Last year I tried to climb up hubbys back!) I think they are fascinating and beautiful, and you can't go to Grand Cayman without going to see them... they are still wild animals and you have to have a certain amount of respect when you are upclose with them..even though they have been coming to the sandbar for many many years and are used to human contact.

thanks Fred...I was a little hesitant to go on the Pearl Island w/ rays in Nassau, but I think your pics prove that Steve Irwin's freak accident was just that...a freak accident. I saw where someone posted that Steve would want all of us to NOT be afraid, and still go on the excursion. They are right, I am sure that is what he would say if he were still alive. Wildlife intrigues me...but I am mindful that they are wildlife and not household pets.

We did this tour in May...Be careful...Check the weather...It wasn't good for us....VERY SCAREY!!! Not much bigger area than a olympic pool... many people....

I am going to do it in Grand Cayman. Very open area.. Bay area...rays not caged... good reviews...

Love the pictures!! We were fortunate enough to go swimming with the Stingrays when we were in GC a few years ago.. We wanted to go last year but they didnt tender due to winds.. We are heading back in 3 weeks and are planning on doing this again with family members.. Cant wait!

I was in GC at STingray city last week, and it was awesome. I have to admit I was a little nervous when they first started "bumping" into me lol..but after a few minutes..I was trying to pick one up on my own !

It was an incredible experience. STingrays mainly bury themselves in the sand when they sleep, and these rays aren't interested in sleeping ! They were very "tame" and gentle...and not one person got stung ! You always drag your feet, and you won't have any problems.

Don't miss this !

Archived