~The Ultimate Carnival Beverage Thread~

KBD627

How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?  

454 members have voted

1. 1. How will Carnival's beverage policy affect you?

• No effect I never bring beverages on board.
    • I will strictly follow it. I follow all of carnival's rules.
    • I'm a past smuggler will now smuggle non-alcohol too.
    • I will now join the smugglers.

Now that Carnival has changed their beverage policy:

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club.

Any additional quantity of wine/champagne or any alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Thought it would be fun to start a poll.

What will you now do???

I don't see a poll...:confused:

And I don't see a difference in the alcohol policy :confused:

However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club.

Any additional quantity of wine/champagne or any alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

First poll took me a little while to set up.

There was never a defined limit on wine. Now it is one bottle per person.

However, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club.

Any additional quantity of wine/champagne or any alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

First poll took me a little while to set up.

There was never a defined limit on wine. Now it is one bottle per person.

Yes, there was a defined limit up til about 6 months ago or so... it stated clearly on the Carnival site A bottle, they changed it to reasonable and I guess people took advantage of it...

Now that Carnival has changed their beverage policy:

. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

This sounds new. Sounds like they are coming in line with land based facilities. On land they refuse to serve so you can't drink and drive.

On a ship they refuse to serve so you won't jump overboard:((sorry).

This sounds new. Sounds like they are coming in line with land based facilities. On land they refuse to serve so you can't drink and drive.

On a ship they refuse to serve so you won't jump overboard:((sorry).

They have always said that... well, at least the past few years. It's definitely in the contract, and I do recall seeing it posted online too... that one, I HAVE seen enforced!!! And when they enforce it, it's not pretty!!

No I will still not smuggle any beverages on board. There is plenty of food and drink available on the ship. I understand some feel that the prices are too high, but I do not think that makes it OK to smuggle it in. However, I do not own the cruise line, so will not be enforcing the rules... to each his own!! :)

-Mike

I seem to recall people saying that the people from Carnival read this boards occasionally. They probably figured it all out, so to speak, since people are very vocal about "smuggling". Now I have to wonder if they're going to be opening luggage and checking it more often, causing a lot of delays in luggage delivery to the cabins and stuff getting lost in the shuffle.

Just making an observation. I'm totally neutral on the "smuggling" issue. I've never cruised, so I've never done it. I can't say whether I would either.

The only beverages I've ever bothered to bring on board are a few bottled waters and maybe a 6- or 12-pack of Diet Coke in cans, which we keep in our cabin, and sometimes take with us on shore excursions.

I won't try to do that on our upcoming cruise -- it's in the Med, and I don't want to try and hassle buying Diet Coke in Civitavecchia! But, I imagine I will try and bring it aboard any cruise leaving out of a U.S. port. If they confiscate those, not too much $$$ down the drain.

But I still won't pay the stupid, outrageous prices they charge for soft drinks. I'll just have iced tea instead.

Is water technically a "non-alcoholic beverage"?

YA THINK???

We didn't think about smuggling anything on for our first cruise and just saw it as -if we want a drink we buy it or we get the free juices...I don't see a reason to smuggle on beverages other than cost, but I will worry about things like that at home, on vacation I will just worry about having fun.

I'm not sure if I will smuggle or not, but we have always brought a cooler along filled with soda and water and then at the end of the cruise we put all of our purchases in the cooler for transportation so this puts a kink in my plans! I have to admit it will make a difference on which cruise line I choose - I like them all so I don't have to cruise Carnival, although I'm sure Princess will now have the same rules - isn't it owned by Carnival?

It's more convenience than anything - I like a soda while I'm getting ready in the morning and again before dinner (sometimes mixed with a little smuggled Captain Morgan), but I just don't want to run to a bar, grab a soda and run back and then take my shower, etc. I'd rather grab one out of the cooler and be done with it! Trust me, I still spend lots on drinks both alcoholic and non-alcoholic on the ship. I will probably just skip the ones I would have had in my room instead of buying more - who knows until I go.....but I hope they change the policy by then!

Is water technically a "non-alcoholic beverage"?

YA THINK???

Caribbean Dreams - I can see your point - my definition of "non-alcoholic beverages" would be the non-alcoholic beer and drink mixes to make virgin drinks...if they meant all beverages, why not say "You are only allowed to bring 1 bottle of wine/champagne, no other beverages allowed"

But, I am not much of a drinker, and this is our first cruise, so maybe that is just newbie thinking....:confused:

I just made our reservations for Celebration on 5/19 this evening and specifically asked this question because my in-laws are Pepsi drinkers and I had seen conflicting info on CCL website. Tom (super nice & helpful by the way) stated 1 12 pack of sodas, etc. per person and one bottle of wine. He made it a point to say these were supposed to be the guidelines and that he was sure some folks probably took more than this on. He still stated the "reasonable" amount guideline. I know this may vary from person to person - but this was his explanation.

Archived