"RCCL needs to Keep Voyager or Freedom class in Port Canaveral!!

With Mariner moving to the West Coast in Feb., 2009, we need to show support for RCCL keeping a Voyager or Freedom class ship in Port Canaveral. It is an easy and convenient port to depart from. PC also pulls pasengers from the south as well as from most parts of Florida. It is such an easy drive for so many folks.

Anyone who agrees with me, plesae post in support of Port C. RCCL reads these boards.

I sure hope they replace the Mariner with another ship........("rumor" has it ...it will be Liberty),but we know how rumors are.............could be true or not..........

I hate to see Mariner go also. Would definitely like to see either another voyager class or even freedom or liberty take her place.

PC seems so much easier for me to get to driving as opposed to Ft Lauderdale or Miami.

With Mariner moving to the West Coast in Feb., 2009, we need to show support for RCCL keeping a Voyager or Freedom class ship in Port Canaveral. It is an easy and convenient port to depart from. PC also pulls pasengers from the south as well as from most parts of Florida. It is such an easy drive for so many folks.

Anyone who agrees with me, plesae post in support of Port C. RCCL reads these boards.

When the original thread on moving Mariner came out I emailed Adam Goldstein about this and this is an exerpt from his reply

Dear David,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately I cannot comment about our itineraries other than the what we have announced. Please be assured that Port Canaveral is important to us.

Best regards,

Adam

While reading the thread I also saw a few references to Liberty of the Seas as a replacement for Mariner in PC. I will be looking to see if this indeed is the case. if RCI announces this Mariner move, I am certain that they will announce a replacement ship. They are still building the third freedom class so I have to assume something is going to PC. Mariner and Sovereign seldom sail less than 95% full and that translates into a good profit for RCI. The only thing negative about a Freedom class in PC is that the channel will have to be dredged a few feet deeper to handle the deeper draft of the Freedom class. I am sure Adam Goldstein will let all of us know when that decision is made. :D

To date, 5 of our 6 cruises have been out of Port Canaveral. We love PC because we can either fly or drive to the port. We would be very disappointed if RCI did not have a larger ship (although I would be happy with a Radiance class too) leaving from PC.

I sure hope they replace the Mariner with another ship........("rumor" has it ...it will be Liberty),but we know how rumors are.............could be true or not..........

You nailed this one on the head. I am certain that a replacement will be made as well but until the press releases are made we are all going to have to wait it out. If they do not move a replacement ship in there perhaps Celebrity will place a new Solstice class ship in there. I don't have to post anything more on what I think about rumors, I have killed that horse and beaten it to death already lol. I do know that when they change ship locations a lot of the crew will transfer to the ship replacing her. So I can see Captain Johnny with a new home on the East Coast and Becky Luv and a lot of the others go to Liberty or whatever ship gets the PC posting.....If that is the case Liberty will become a favorite like Mariner is now :D Mariner's main advantage is her great crew......

When the original thread on moving Mariner came out I emailed Adam Goldstein about this and this is an exerpt from his reply

Dear David,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately I cannot comment about our itineraries other than the what we have announced. Please be assured that Port Canaveral is important to us.

Best regards,

Adam

While reading the thread I also saw a few references to Liberty of the Seas as a replacement for Mariner in PC. I will be looking to see if this indeed is the case. if RCI announces this Mariner move, I am certain that they will announce a replacement ship. They are still building the third freedom class so I have to assume something is going to PC. Mariner and Sovereign seldom sail less than 95% full and that translates into a good profit for RCI. The only thing negative about a Freedom class in PC is that the channel will have to be dredged a few feet deeper to handle the deeper draft of the Freedom class. I am sure Adam Goldstein will let all of us know when that decision is made. :D

David and rest of posters -- if this thread gets lots of posts in support of PC, it should be sent to Adam.

OHOH.I shouldnt have used the word rumor with you around Dag;) I know what that does to you.......:p

Today if I hear that word more than 5 times I will go into the Garage, Start My Yamaha Majesty, and ride over to PC and look at Sovereign of the seas. Ocala is not outside of my riding range either maybe I will buy you a Rumor lunch at red lobster :p LOL I have Friday's and Saturdays off and a good ride is alway a great stress reliever.......

:D Mariner's main advantage is her great crew......

Thats how I feel about the Sovereign...........love the crew./staff.............must be a Pt Canaveral thing.......makes them all happy!:) :)

Thats how I feel about the Sovereign...........love the crew./staff.............must be a Pt Canaveral thing.......makes them all happy!:) :)

LOL that's our next Cruise Sovereign. I have heard great things about her crew as well. You are right it is a Port Canaveral thing :D

I have trust that RCI will keep us Central Floridians and PC lovers happy. It is such a great port to sail out of and is so convenient.

I posted this rumor :p in a few threads, so I thought why not post it in one more.

Onboard the Mariner last week we were told by multiple crew members that the Mariner was headed to the west coast. Of course, I really didn't believe it because I thought there were too many things that had to be played out (dry dock, getting it there, etc..). Then I asked our head waiter what would replace the Mariner in PC. He said with confidence that the Liberty of the Seas would replace her. So when I got home I read that it was unofficially official that the Mariner was to be transferred out west. So our head waiter was right about one thing, so I now have enough trust to believe him that the Liberty will replace her in PC. Of course, this IS just one of those 'rumors' and nothing is set in stone until it is officially announced by the company.

I would love for the Liberty to take the Mariner's place in PC. I'm planning on being in Disney World in the Winter of 2009 and would love the opportunity to try a Freedom-class ship. Of course, I'm ecstatic that the Mariner is coming out west and I'm anxious to book her for the Mexican Riviera.

I also posted this was going to happen back in April after I spoke to the Staff Captain. He was very nice about telling me that the Mariner was going to go to the West Coast, I posted it here, but no one believed me at the time. He also told me that a Freedom class was going to replace Mariner, but did not know which one it would be. It is safe to say that a Freedom Class will be here in PC, but which one is the big question. Liberty would be GREAT!

Tim

I have trust that RCI will keep us Central Floridians and PC lovers happy. It is such a great port to sail out of and is so convenient.

I posted this rumor :p in a few threads, so I thought why not post it in one more.

Onboard the Mariner last week we were told by multiple crew members that the Mariner was headed to the west coast. Of course, I really didn't believe it because I thought there were too many things that had to be played out (dry dock, getting it there, etc..). Then I asked our head waiter what would replace the Mariner in PC. He said with confidence that the Liberty of the Seas would replace her. So when I got home I read that it was unofficially official that the Mariner was to be transferred out west. So our head waiter was right about one thing, so I now have enough trust to believe him that the Liberty will replace her in PC. Of course, this IS just one of those 'rumors' and nothing is set in stone until it is officially announced by the company.

Liberty would be fine. Looks like agreat ship. Ditto for Freedom or Independence.

Liberty would be fine. Looks like agreat ship. Ditto for Freedom or Independence.

It looks like Liberty is leading the race to replace the Mariner by a nose. Independence is a possibility as well. Going to check out when she is due to be placed in service. Maybe 2009? This would be a nice upgrade for PC and I think PC and the west coast will both turn into winners if this happens. :D Whatever ship does get PC will probably get most of Mariner's crew as well. Mariner's crew from Captain Johnny on down is top notch. Becky luv is also a main reason why Mariner is so great and she's been linked to Liberty in a few threads on CC. Just another reason to pray for Liberty :D

As Becky says: whatever you choose to do, do it with a smile! Bye luv!

Living just 40 minutes to Port Canaveral, I have to say I am biased...but I believe it is the best Port in Florida and is a huge moneymaker for RCCL. Our favorite ship is the Mariner and we will hate to see her leave PC but we know she needs to go make other cruisers happy elsewhere :-) And, you're right...it is the crew that makes a ship so wonderful! I know we've been told many times by crew members that Capt Johnny has such respect from his entire crew that it's a pleasure for them all to be on that ship. Let's hope that Johnny will continue to want to stay in PC and Captain whatever new ship PC gets :-) RCCL are you listening? Port Canaveral has MANY loyal cruisers and we want/deserve the best!!!! In fact, how about giving us TWO ships with different itineraries to replace our beloved Mariner??? (Couldn't hurt to ask!)

Living just 40 minutes to Port Canaveral, I have to say I am biased...but I believe it is the best Port in Florida and is a huge moneymaker for RCCL. Our favorite ship is the Mariner and we will hate to see her leave PC but we know she needs to go make other cruisers happy elsewhere :-) And, you're right...it is the crew that makes a ship so wonderful! I know we've been told many times by crew members that Capt Johnny has such respect from his entire crew that it's a pleasure for them all to be on that ship. Let's hope that Johnny will continue to want to stay in PC and Captain whatever new ship PC gets :-) RCCL are you listening? Port Canaveral has MANY loyal cruisers and we want/deserve the best!!!! In fact, how about giving us TWO ships with different itineraries to replace our beloved Mariner??? (Couldn't hurt to ask!)

Great idea place a freedom class in there and a Radiance class in there. The Radiance class could do Bermuda cruises the Freedom class could do the Mariner ones and Sovereign could continue the Bahama ones. The only question left is how long will Sovereign be in PC and when will it get transferred to Pullmantur.

It looks like Liberty is leading the race to replace the Mariner by a nose. Independence is a possibility as well. Going to check out when she is due to be placed in service. Maybe 2009? This would be a nice upgrade for PC and I think PC and the west coast will both turn into winners if this happens. :D Whatever ship does get PC will probably get most of Mariner's crew as well. Mariner's crew from Captain Johnny on down is top notch. Becky luv is also a main reason why Mariner is so great and she's been linked to Liberty in a few threads on CC. Just another reason to pray for Liberty :D

As Becky says: whatever you choose to do, do it with a smile! Bye luv!

David -- Independce is scheduled to be put into servide in May, 2009. Currently, she is slated to replace Jewel on 8 day Eastern/6 day out of Fort Lauderdale in the fall. However, initially, she will sail in Europe in the spring/summer/early fall. big splash about her Europe Itinerary when it was announced -- lots of RCCL tonnage in Europe -- first

Freedom class ship, etc. Placing Independence in Port C would leave PC without a big ship for about 8-10 months.

I totally agree about Mariner's crew -- We have sailed on her 4 times. Captain Johnny is my favorite captain. So personable and his crew loves him, which results in a smooth running ship. His navigational skills are great too -- he steered us around a Tropical Storm in 2005. Love Becky too -- so high energy and so sweet on a personal level.

David -- Independce is scheduled to be put into servide in May, 2009. Currently, she is slated to replace Jewel on 8 day Eastern/6 day out of Fort Lauderdale in the fall. However, initially, she will sail in Europe in the spring/summer/early fall. big splash about her Europe Itinerary when it was announced -- lots of RCCL tonnage in Europe -- first

Freedom class ship, etc. Placing Independence in Port C would leave PC without a big ship for about 8-10 months.

I totally agree about Mariner's crew -- We have sailed on her 4 times. Captain Johnny is my favorite captain. So personable and his crew loves him, which results in a smooth running ship. His navigational skills are great too -- he steered us around a Tropical Storm in 2005. Love Becky too -- so high energy and so sweet on a personal level.

I thought it was May 2008?

Archived