Under the whirlpool?

I am booked on Freedom in February, with 2 side by side GS cabins which happen to be directly under the whirlpool, (as I found out later after I booked).

I am worried about the tinted glass balcony railing blocking our view, and the noise from above.

I believe I am too late to change cabins now, but was looking for reassurance that I will not be totally unhappy with this situation.

Anyone have any experience on these cabins? Do they jut out a bit, like a mini hump? Are the balconies bigger? Does the monster whirlpool completely block the sun from the balcony?

Thanks for the input.

Cheers! :)

Hi, I don't think you'll be disappointed with your cabin/balcony. I sailed Freedom Sept 2006 and planning another on Jan 27 2008. I can't imagine there is any problem with noise or balcony issues. I think the ship is perfect. I do think you have time to move your cabin provided there are still room available. Regardless you and your fam/friends will have a blast!!!!:)

You won't hear any noise from above, but the glass does act like a mirror, especially at night. Even during the day it is hard to see through the glass. I wouldn't book another room with the reflective glass, but it really didn't bother me since I wasn't in the room very much anyway.

You won't hear any noise from above, but the glass does act like a mirror, especially at night. Even during the day it is hard to see through the glass. I wouldn't book another room with the reflective glass, but it really didn't bother me since I wasn't in the room very much anyway.

Thanks, rfoust. :)

Does that balcony jut out a bit, as it seems to look like that on the pics of the outside of the ship? I wonder why they do reflective glass on those?

The top 3 decks directly under the jacuzzi's jut out just a little bit (maybe 6" to a foot?), but not very much. I was the 4th deck (i think?) under the jacuzzi so ours was standard size, but the jacuzzi was far enough above us that it didn't block sun or anything. I think the reflective glass is just an outside effect to make it look like a waterfall or something. You don't have to worry about people in the jacuzzi looking down at you. When you're in the jacuzzi, you can see the cabins off to the side but not directly below.

From what I saw, my guess is that if you are in the room on the first level or two below the jacuzzi, it will probably block some of your view of the sky, but I dont know if it is a big enough deal that would make me want to change my reservation around. I guess I was far enough down that I didn't really notice it unless I looked straight up.

- Robbie

The top 3 decks directly under the jacuzzi's jut out just a little bit (maybe 6" to a foot?), but not very much. I was the 4th deck (i think?) under the jacuzzi so ours was standard size, but the jacuzzi was far enough above us that it didn't block sun or anything. I think the reflective glass is just an outside effect to make it look like a waterfall or something. You don't have to worry about people in the jacuzzi looking down at you. When you're in the jacuzzi, you can see the cabins off to the side but not directly below.

From what I saw, my guess is that if you are in the room on the first level or two below the jacuzzi, it will probably block some of your view of the sky, but I dont know if it is a big enough deal that would make me want to change my reservation around. I guess I was far enough down that I didn't really notice it unless I looked straight up.

- Robbie

Thanks, Robbie.

I am too late to change my cabins now anyway, as it is more difficult to get 2 side by side cabins.

I am on the level, cabin #1260, directly under the whirlpool. My sister has cabin #1264.

I have heard one other person say that because of the hard tile floor in the solarium, that you hear the scraping of chairs and noises from overhead.

I am up with the birds in the am, so it should not bother me. Don't expect too many wild parties in that area? :rolleyes:

We will have a great time no matter what! :)

Archived