LA city tour

tylerdad

We are going to have a few hours to kill between debarkation and our flight. I'd rather not spend them at the airport, but with no place to store our luggage... We noticed a city tour and transfer with Carnival but there are no prices and you can only book on the ship.:confused: Has anyone done this or know how much it is? Is it worth it? We are travelling with our 6 yr old. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Hey there!

First of all - check over on the West Coast Boards, we have lots of tours and ideas all over the place there...

Don't have any specifics on this Carnival one though...

It depends on HOW much time do you actually have, and what you really want to do...

There are alot of great options that I (and the other West Coasters) can help out with, but let me know a little more; and also what your 6 year old likes or is interested in...

Also, if you are just looking to waste/kill time, then if it works for your time frame the Carnival tour should be fine...

If you want to really try to do something specifically better for your family, there may be better options...

All depending on your specific situation of course...

CJW

When we sailed on the Pride in 1/06, we booked a post-cruise tour that included airport transfers.

This was a great tour. Left Long Beach and went past the L.A. cruise pier, to a really interesting Korean shrine, up the coast and stopped for lunch (lunch not included) in Manhattan Beach. Manhattan Beach was awesome. Such a surfer vibe. From there we continued north to LAX.

We enjoyed this tour so much that we will book the same kind of deal in Fort Lauderdale this November.

When we sailed on the Pride in 1/06, we booked a post-cruise tour that included airport transfers.

This was a great tour. Left Long Beach and went past the L.A. cruise pier, to a really interesting Korean shrine, up the coast and stopped for lunch (lunch not included) in Manhattan Beach. Manhattan Beach was awesome. Such a surfer vibe. From there we continued north to LAX.

We enjoyed this tour so much that we will book the same kind of deal in Fort Lauderdale this November.

Hey jennbill!

That's actually good information to know in general!

Please click on this link here (my own Filming Location tour for the San Pedro area)...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=567043

...and please let me know if this, and or other locations were on your Carnival tour...

If so, then I'm going to definitely know to recommend to people...

CJW

I understand the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach is a really nice place to go, especially with kids. It may be something to do if one is leaving from Long Beach airport.

Thank-you..we were considering that....but what to do with our luggage? I don't want to drag it around the Aquarium.....it sure would be nice if there was a place there to store it...

Thank-you..we were considering that....but what to do with our luggage? I don't want to drag it around the Aquarium.....it sure would be nice if there was a place there to store it...

The Aquarium would be nice. Not sure where you would store your luggage, though.

However, if you're leaving out of LAX and say you have a few hours, I hope you mean five or six hours. You really should arrive two hours before your flight--especially at LAX. It's not that bad at Long Beach, though. I'd think an hour and 15 ahead of the flight would be fine for LB.

I think one * means it's under $50 each and I feel like it's around $35 each. We did the same thing on our RCL Monarch Cruise a few years back - it was a great way to kill time before going to the airport and didn't have to fuss with our luggage. We are planning on doing that on our Sept Pride cruise too - it's a different itinerary and you get to have lunch at Manhattan Beach (at your own expense) before heading to the airport.

Archived