Pics Of 2nd Br In Ab

lil buddy

We are booked on the Gem in March and have booked an AB suite,

I know it has a 2nd BR and bath but have been unable to find any

pictures of this layout ( I know it wouldn't be the actual GEM ) but if anyone has a picture or description, I would really appreciate it. Wondering how much space we will be sacrificing.

Thanks all

Barb

We are booked on the Gem in March and have booked an AB suite,

I know it has a 2nd BR and bath but have been unable to find any

pictures of this layout ( I know it wouldn't be the actual GEM ) but if anyone has a picture or description, I would really appreciate it. Wondering how much space we will be sacrificing.

Thanks all

Barb

Haven't stayed in an AB but if you do a search, AB pictures have been posted in the past.

Not sure what you mean by how much space you will be "sacrificing":confused:

The second bedroom is like another cabin.

Has no bearing on your cabin:)

We just came back form a stay in an AB room which is my favorite. As a treat we took my son and his wife and let them stay in the main bedroom. Now it was quite a sacrifice since I am 6' 4" and large. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. As you can see in the pics there is a pulldown bunk over the bottom bed. As a favor my wife slept up there. The bath was the same as most baths on the ship but obviuosly not near the main bath. That is something. All in all not a bad experience.

We are a family with 4 kids (11, 10, 8, 6). The AB would be plenty of room for us - 3 boys in the kids bedroom, daughter on the couch (if it pulled out) and us. Darn! They only allow 5. I'd love to be able to pay the $199 3rd/4th passenger rate that going on now for the kids instead of adult fare to get a second cabin! Oh well, guess we're just not meant for the suite life. Back to the inside cabins - which is still fine because we'll be cruising!

If you look at the AB from the outside compared to the AF (mini-suites), the AB is the rough equivalent in size to two AFs (with a really great master bath). And as a plus, you get the "suite passenger" perks. See this thread for an example: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=638106

Another post said that the layout is the same as the courtyard villas.

We are a family with 4 kids (11, 10, 8, 6). The AB would be plenty of room for us - 3 boys in the kids bedroom, daughter on the couch (if it pulled out) and us. Darn! They only allow 5. I'd love to be able to pay the $199 3rd/4th passenger rate that going on now for the kids instead of adult fare to get a second cabin! Oh well, guess we're just not meant for the suite life. Back to the inside cabins - which is still fine because we'll be cruising!

Did someone from NCL tell they only allow 5 in the AB rooms? My sister had 6 in it with a cot they brought into the room. That was a couple years ago so maybe they don't do it anymore.

Not sure what you mean by how much space you will be "sacrificing":confused:

The second bedroom is like another cabin.

Has no bearing on your cabin:)

whatI meant was, we are only in need of one bedroom and I assumed from the s/f that we would be giving up space from soewhere else to accomodate the 2nd br.

• 1 month later...

Archived