List your favorite "cruise" music?

llmoyer123

we love basking beside the pool on sea days listening to "cruise" music on the headphones. the last cruise it was jimmy buffett for the most part.

this cruise i'd like a compilation of favorite caribbean or sailing or cruising songs.

will you share your favorites?

On our very first cruise the singer/guitarist-his name was Gary, in the lounge before dinner, Manhattans sang Christopher Cross' sailing. It was great.

Every Celebrity cruise I've been on I've requested it of certain singers in Michael's Club, but none of them have known it. I would love to hear it again on a crusie. Brings back so many found memories.

Anne Maria

The Last Farewell by Roger Whittaker usually brings a tear to my eye. They were playing that on a documentary of the old P&O troopers shown on board the old Pacific Princess when we did Australia/NewZealand way bck in Jan 95.

Just about anything by Jimmy Buffet or Bob Marley as well as these: Barbados by Poco, A Place In The Sun and Sailing to Paradise by Pablo Cruise, Sailing by Rod Stewart, Back To The Island by Leon Russell. For Hawaiian cruises anything by Arthur Lyman.

Terri

Red Red Wine played around the pool by a steel band is one of our favorite songs that we associate with cruising. For dancing....Lady in Red by Chris de Burgh. Lady in Red was the nickname I gave my wife years and years before we got married.

Here's something new for you. If you are cruising to Mexico, Panama, Costa Rica or South America, try anything latin by a very hot new Los Angeles group called Ozomatli (translation is monkey in Aztec). If you hear the music and you don't start dancing, let me know.

This is unrelated to cruise music on the ship. But I loved the commercial Celebrity had about a year ago featuring the song "Somewhere over the rainbow" I thought that was a great commercial! That song will always remind me of my first cruise.

Archived