Ruby Princess- Wow!

kywildcatfanone

Folks,

We just got home from our Thanksgiving cruise on the Ruby Princess, and all I can say is "Wow!". She is a beautiful ship. We have been on the Caribbean and Grand Princess ships, but they have really outdone themselves with the Ruby. I assume it is similar to the Crown and Emerald, but haven't been on them, but I was amazed each day at the beauty of this ship. I can't wait to sail on her again!

My only complaint, is a minor one, and I have it with all of the Princess ships I have sailed. Why do they only use MUTS sparingly? Several days, there were stretches of 2-3 hours where there was nothing playing? Why not run something (movie, sitcom, football on Thanksgiving Day!), all the time.

Oh well, just thinking about when I can book her again!

Mike

Folks,

We just got home from our Thanksgiving cruise on the Ruby Princess, and all I can say is "Wow!". She is a beautiful ship. We have been on the Caribbean and Grand Princess ships, but they have really outdone themselves with the Ruby. I assume it is similar to the Crown and Emerald, but haven't been on them, but I was amazed each day at the beauty of this ship. I can't wait to sail on her again!

My only complaint, is a minor one, and I have it with all of the Princess ships I have sailed. Why do they only use MUTS sparingly? Several days, there were stretches of 2-3 hours where there was nothing playing? Why not run something (movie, sitcom, football on Thanksgiving Day!), all the time.

Oh well, just thinking about when I can book her again!

Mike

Welcome back. She is a great ship. :)

Hi, Mike,

I found my Princess Cook Book and, inside, I have the menu from our Inaugural Cruise. It was truly a wonderful experience.

MENU

ABOARD RUBY PRINCESS

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 11th, 2008

(served in the galley with Champagne)

Blue Crab Margarita with Avocados and Mangos

Tartar of Sterling Silver Beef Filet

Fontina Cheese and White Truffle Mini Quiche

Buckwheat Blinis with Caviar and Creme Fraiche

Asparagus Risotto with Lobster Tails and Claws

Lip-Smackin' Bloody Mary Sorbet

Trio of Beef, Veal, and Pork Tenderloin on Medieval Spiked Flambe Roaster

Jus, Salsa Verde, Bernaise Sauce, and Cafe de Paris Butter

Charred Cherry Tomatoes, Today's Market Vegetables, and Creamy Mousseline Potatoes

Potted Stilton with Port Wine Reduction

Candied Walnuts and Rosemary Biscotti

Chocolate Decadence

Gianduja Chocolate Mousse with Cocoa Sorbet

Chocolate Daquoise and Fried Chocolate Truffle

Coffee or Tea with Master Chef Alfredo

Homemade Mignardises

;););)

Hi, Mike,

I found my Princess Cook Book and, inside, I have the menu from our Inaugural Cruise. It was truly a wonderful experience.

MENU

ABOARD RUBY PRINCESS

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 11th, 2008

(served in the galley with Champagne)

Blue Crab Margarita with Avocados and Mangos

Tartar of Sterling Silver Beef Filet

Fontina Cheese and White Truffle Mini Quiche

Buckwheat Blinis with Caviar and Creme Fraiche

Asparagus Risotto with Lobster Tails and Claws

Lip-Smackin' Bloody Mary Sorbet

Trio of Beef, Veal, and Pork Tenderloin on Medieval Spiked Flambe Roaster

Jus, Salsa Verde, Bernaise Sauce, and Cafe de Paris Butter

Charred Cherry Tomatoes, Today's Market Vegetables, and Creamy Mousseline Potatoes

Potted Stilton with Port Wine Reduction

Candied Walnuts and Rosemary Biscotti

Chocolate Decadence

Gianduja Chocolate Mousse with Cocoa Sorbet

Chocolate Daquoise and Fried Chocolate Truffle

Coffee or Tea with Master Chef Alfredo

Homemade Mignardises

;););)

Truly a wonderful experience not to be missed! :p

Folks,

Mike

We couldn't agree more - loved the Ruby and look forward to cruising on her again in the future.

Mike

How did you get to the airport? I heard there was a cab strike; I live nearby and had my car so it was not a problem for me but I was wondering how all the air travelers made out.

We walked over to the cab area, and there were about 100 people just sitting and waiting. We spoke to the Princess representative, and she explained about the cab strike, and that only a few independent cabbies were in the area. (Far cry from our spring break cruise, when there were 200 cabs lined up at least). Anyway, Princess had called in a bunch of greyhound busses sitting in front of the dock area, and for $10/pp they would take you to the airport. They had them arranged by airport terminal, and you paid the cash and that's how we got to the airport.

Our flight didn't leave until 1pm, so we weren't in a hurry. We were the first ones on our bus, and it was about 10 minutes before anyone else got on, and I was wondering if we had made a mistake or been too hasty in not waiting for a cab. However, after 15 minutes or so more, the bus had filled up, and we were on our way. I watched as I waited and I saw only four cabs in the entire half hour we sat there.

We got to the airport at 8:15, and there was no line at all for security, and with seven ships disembarking, I assume the cab mess had everyone running behind. We were at our terminal by 8:30 and played cards and walked around till our flight.

Man I hope nothing like that happens on our spring cruise, as I have a 10:15am flight. Had I had an earlier flight Saturday, I think I would have panicked, but Princess had it all taken care of, and it only cost me $3-4 dollars more than a cab. Thank you Princess for planning ahead for your passengers!

Mike

Where on the ship do you sign up?

Push the button on the phone that says something like "dining reservations." Unless you are one of the first ones on the ship, you probably will be told they are already full. Good luck. If you are Elite you will have a better chance as they board before Platinum and gold and blue cards.

Think of it as a Siesta :D

Enjoying some quiet time around the pool.

We had priority boarding onto the Ruby Nov. 22, were onboard about 11:15. I asked 3-4 ship's personnel where the "sign-up" was, and was directed to 3-4 different locations. Passenger Services said to call the dinner reservations number...the "menu" included no mention of Chef's Table, but pressing "1" got me through to someone who took my name and cabin number.

Maitre d' Generoso called the next day to say that DW and I were among the lucky ones (11 total). I have read, here on the Boards, that they take the first 10-12 callers but I find that a bit hard to believe...on the other hand, I am not sure how we would have "rated" this opportunity over others who did not make it.

We had read that we would have to attest to our good health and could not wear open-toed shoes on the galley tour (which included Campagne and 4 appetizers), but we werre surprised that they specified freshly-laundered clothing!

Kent

Archived