MIA Hotels on Priceline

gkrnjlr

We're looking for March 26th. Last time I stayed in Miami with a Priceline hotel I paid $85 for the Hyatt.

I think I'll give Priceline a try for that amount! Thanks for your help!

I did look at the easyclicktravel.com but didn't see these mentioned.

Thanks again!

We're looking for March 26th. Last time I stayed in Miami with a Priceline hotel I paid $85 for the Hyatt.

I think I'll give Priceline a try for that amount! Thanks for your help!

I did look at the easyclicktravel.com but didn't see these mentioned.

Thanks again!

If you bid $85 I am sure you'll get it, I got the same hotel for $65 on Feb 20 for one night and $55 for Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Weston for Feb 28.

I've done Priceline before for a Miami hotel and got a great deal. Just wondering - for those of you who have bid for your hotel.....what price did you bid and what hotel did you get?

Thanks!

The winning bids will depend on the exact date and how many rooms are available at the hotel that night. Can't compare apples to oranges. Your date will be spring break time for many.

Look at the rates at the hotels' sites and take 30% off during peak times. If it's not a peak travel time, you can go for 40%.

Go to biddingfortravel.com and betterbidding.com to compare wins for your dates and get help with your bidding.

I looked at priceline but was hesitant to do it as I need to know the exact location so I can get transportation to POM without it being expensive. My luck a cab or shuttle will break the deal.

If you look downtown... getting the Intercontinental or Hyatt, the cab fare will run only about 10 $. That's per ride, not per person like a shuttle company would charge.

If you look downtown... getting the Intercontinental or Hyatt, the cab fare will run only about 10 $. That's per ride, not per person like a shuttle company would charge.

I just went in to bid. Is there a way to choose between certain hotels? It just looks as though it is pot luck. Should I put in MIA Arpt and Downtown? Will that increase my odds for a good hotel close to the pier? Should I just stick Downtown.......closest to the pier? I just dont want to hit the button and end up with a hotel in the middle of nowhere that will cost us a furtune to get to the pier. Can you tell I am nervous.......lol.

If you bid $85 I am sure you'll get it, I got the same hotel for $65 on Feb 20 for one night and $55 for Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Weston for Feb 28.

Is there a way to bid on a cetain hotel? It looks like it is pot luck....I am a little nervous on where I would end up.

I just went in to bid. Is there a way to choose between certain hotels? It just looks as though it is pot luck. Should I put in MIA Arpt and Downtown? Will that increase my odds for a good hotel close to the pier? Should I just stick Downtown.......closest to the pier? I just dont want to hit the button and end up with a hotel in the middle of nowhere that will cost us a furtune to get to the pier. Can you tell I am nervous.......lol.

Do not bid on airport hotels. Altho they will be cheaper, There is nothing near them. Either bid downtown OR Coral Gables and Coconut Grove. You could do research on biddingfortravel.com and on betterbidding.com to see which hotels in those areas are used a lot by Priceline. Then check out their websites or on Trip adviser .

Obviously you should bid the highest star level possible. 4 star would be my choice, especially for a downtown hotel. The Intercontinental often comes up...very nice hotel very close to Bayside and the port. Hyatt is very popular too. Depending on availibility you can get a room much less than rack rates on their site.

Just know that once your bid is accepted it is non cancellable. ALSO, if you need a room that sleeps more than 2 people, you should know that PL only guarantees a room for two. You'd have to call the hotel itself after winning the room, to request two full beds rather than a king. And cross your fingers that one is available.

Thank you. There are only 2 of us traveling so a king would be okay. Just nervous since I have not done bidding before. I do have a hold on a hotel....but it is the HIExpress MIA Arpt.....it can be cancelled. We are paying $132 total for there....so if I can get a 4 star for the same or less.....it would be a perk to our vacation. My hesitation is location and not knowing if there is value price transport to the airport and pier. I know some dont worry about those things....but that is not my nature....have to watch the pocketbook where I can.

Thank you. There are only 2 of us traveling so a king would be okay. Just nervous since I have not done bidding before. I do have a hold on a hotel....but it is the HIExpress MIA Arpt.....it can be cancelled. We are paying $132 total for there....so if I can get a 4 star for the same or less.....it would be a perk to our vacation. My hesitation is location and not knowing if there is value price transport to the airport and pier. I know some dont worry about those things....but that is not my nature....have to watch the pocketbook where I can.

You really REALLY need to spend a couple of hours researching and reading www.BetterBidding.com and www.BiddingForTravel.com. By spending a couple of hours, you can save hundreds on a nice luxury hotel. If you don't, you up your chances of overbidding on a hotel in the wrong area.

Once you bid, you are locked in. There are no refunds.

Good luck!

Cab cost to the pier from downtown or C Grove area will not be much.

It's about $25 to cab it from the airport to those areas.

The hotels that will offer shuttles from the airport to their hotel are airport locations. Most you'd have to pay to get to the pier anyways.

If you can get one of the areas I mentioned for a good price, go for it. Your stay will be so much nicer. You and your husband might be able to share a cab with someone too.

You are getting really close to your needed date. You really need to look on a map and learn the area as well as learn how to bid on the sites we mentioned. If you have never been to the Miami area, for sure get away from the airport and just make the precruise day part of a fabulous vacation.

I did go to one of the sites for bidding that was mentioned. Alot of info spread in different areas. Not really anything I found useful.......mostly info on re-bids. We are arrivng into MIA at about 6:15pm...so there is not going to be much time to go anywhere after getting to the hotel. I am more concerned with the day of the cruise....we will have almost a whole day. We leave the next morning for a 10:30am flight.

veggie 59, are you staying at the Holiday Inn Miami Airport? If so, it's a decent place but you're paying too much. I got it last year pre-cruise on Hotwire for $60.

It is actually the HI Express MIA Arpt. I got a AAA discount to $107.99....with the fees and tax it is $132. I grabbed it for now....it can be cancelled. I just bid a 4* on priceline....but didnt get it.

I'd be interested to know if you win a bid for Miami. Will you please report back? I am looking for somewhere for December. People have reported being able to book the Intercontinental on EasyClickTravel for $85. Not sure if it applies to your dates. When I got the Holiday Inn Miami Airport I think I took a 3 star near the airport.

PS - I am also from the south shore.

I'd be interested to know if you win a bid for Miami. Will you please report back? I am looking for somewhere for December. People have reported being able to book the Intercontinental on EasyClickTravel for $85. Not sure if it applies to your dates. When I got the Holiday Inn Miami Airport I think I took a 3 star near the airport.

PS - I am also from the south shore.

I guess I have to wait 24 hours to do another bid unless I change my area and stars.

Where are you on the South Shore? I'm from Rockland.

I tried bidding tonight as well. Got nowhere, but I don't want to change my parameters. Is it 24 hours you have to wait? I'll let you know if I get anywhere, you do the same.

Marshfield. Did I see you mention on another thread that you are doing the Jewel repo? We did it last year, great trip, really nice group of poeple.

Archived