Help booked on Pearl Feb 6 Superbowl weekend

scchasgal

I messed up, not being football fans we didn't realize our departure weekend was Superbowl in Miami. Our problem is that NCL doesn't have any Miami hotel add ons available (I thought they blocked some rooms with these hotels).

I have gone to some of the online sites and it is outrageous how much money they want for a room for one night, if you can find one. I am not kidding when I saw one for $5300.00 for one night.

We have been hunting around the Fort Lauderdale area but then we have to get to the ship. Has anyone ever done this for a Miami departure. We would be flying into the Miami airport.

Thanks ahead of time for any advice.

If you can get reasonably priced accomodations in Fort Lauderdale, it's a pretty easy drive. I think it's around 25-30 miles, so it's definitely not that bad (but you'll have to give yourself extra time if you're leaving Sunday because many go to the Superbowl venue early).

If you can get reasonably priced accomodations in Fort Lauderdale, it's a pretty easy drive. I think it's around 25-30 miles, so it's definitely not that bad (but you'll have to give yourself extra time if you're leaving Sunday because many go to the Superbowl venue early).

Thanks we are leaving on Saturday so we won't have the actual game day to deal with just a lot of people in town.

Have you looked into using a shuttle service from Miami to Fort Lauderdale to stay the night and taking the shuttle back to Miami the next day?

We have looked at a limo service but everything is kinda messy right now until my bro and SIL get their travel arrangements made, they are coming in from Canada

This December we're taking a Go Airport shuttle from Fort Lauderdale airport to our Miami hotel that overlooks the cruise pier for $64 for the three of us. It's not much farther than from the Miami airport, and the additional five minutes to get to the cruise ship won't add much more to the fare. You won't have any trouble getting to your cruise from Fort Lauderdale. :)

This December we're taking a Go Airport shuttle from Fort Lauderdale airport to our Miami hotel that overlooks the cruise pier for $64 for the three of us. It's not much farther than from the Miami airport, and the additional five minutes to get to the cruise ship won't add much more to the fare. You won't have any trouble getting to your cruise from Fort Lauderdale. :)

do you mind saying what hotel you are booked in?

i am looking for a place precruise.

Thanks for the info I will know more tomorrow cause it looks like we will not be flying but driving and my brother and his wife may end of doing the same. We are already resigned to the fact that Ft Lauderdale is where we will be staying and if we drive it is not much more to pay the $20 per day parking. We will be saving $700.00 in airfare so that is probably our route. It is about a nine hour drive from my house.

I'm booked on the jewel for the sameweekend and had the same problem. I booked an 'airport" hotel for 80 per night

Supply and demand for the hotels I guess during something like the superbowl.

We wanted to stay near or even better on the beach since my brother and his wife wanted to be there a couple of days.

thanks for your info I appreciate it

We are also on the Jewel the same week end. I know I have heard it a 100 times not to fly in day of the cruise but we really have no choice. Can't get any extra time off work and the cost of hotels that week end is crazy. We fly out of Boston on a non stop flight at 5:30 AM. We plan on staying at a hotel close to Boston. We live about 50 miles west of Boston so at least that way we won't have to get up quite as early.

We are also on the Jewel the same week end. I know I have heard it a 100 times not to fly in day of the cruise but we really have no choice. Can't get any extra time off work and the cost of hotels that week end is crazy. We fly out of Boston on a non stop flight at 5:30 AM. We plan on staying at a hotel close to Boston. We live about 50 miles west of Boston so at least that way we won't have to get up quite as early.

Or battle a potential snow storm on the way to the airport...

Ran into the same problem with the Dawn cruise leaving on the 7th - you'd think after 34 years I'd remember that the super bowl is usually around the weekend of my birthday....lol

We gave up on Miama and are staying with a friend in Ft Myers - a bit farther than any of the hotel options, but it's FREE, so it's worth the extra drive!

We are trying to figure out how to do the drive up though - rental or car service. Anyone have an experience renting in one location and returning in another?

I've rented and dropped off at dfferent Florida locations and never had a problem or a dorp off charge (the last time was a couple of years ago though). I suggest you call some of the larger rental agencies and see. if you're picking the car up in Fort Meyers, they'd probably be gald to have more cars in their Miami facility that weekend.

One thing, give yourself plenty of time to get to Miami, especially if it's the day of the game. Fort Meyers is a pretty long drive.

Or battle a potential snow storm on the way to the airport...

Well I guess all we can do is hope for the best. Flown day of for the past 6 Feb and once we did have a bit of a problem. A huge snow storm was headed for Boston early Sunday morning. American canceled our flight on Saturday morning but worked with us and flew us to Dallas Saturday and then to Miami on Sunday morning. No charge for the flight change but we did pay to stay at an airport hotel in Dallas. Now if the Patriots make it to the Supebowl we will enjoy watching it on the Jewel!

• 1 month later...

We have same problem and I booked the airport hotel today but my niece found same hotel $100 less by going to booking.com and booked the Miami Airport Htl for Feb 5...they have rooms available for 2/5/2010 and through that site $100 less than the hotel site. hotel site is: http://miahotel.miami-airport.com/MIA-Hotel-rooms.html

hotel does not have great reviews but who cares at this point...don't think you'll find anything closer or cheaper...good luck and see you on board!:)

Archived