Wine cards

darleen1421

They had a wine card on the Jewel in May. You buy 12 bottles of wine from a selected list (the same wine). The price was pretty good but we didn't opt for it as we like to try a different wine each night and the wines on the list were not the sort we normally drink. Friends of ours got it though and they said it was good for them. - mummsie

I thought she was asking for wine cards for glasses of wine. Princess has those kind.

They had a wine card on the Jewel in May. You buy 12 bottles of wine from a selected list (the same wine). The price was pretty good but we didn't opt for it as we like to try a different wine each night and the wines on the list were not the sort we normally drink. Friends of ours got it though and they said it was good for them. - mummsie

Were there other programs - or just 12 bottles? That would be a little much for a 7 night cruise. On Carnival they had a program to purchase 5 bottles from a list of about 15 wines. They gave us coupons and we turned them in at dinner. Is there something similar on NCL?

Were there other programs - or just 12 bottles? That would be a little much for a 7 night cruise. On Carnival they had a program to purchase 5 bottles from a list of about 15 wines. They gave us coupons and we turned them in at dinner. Is there something similar on NCL?

NCL has introduced a similar option. On our last 3 cruises there has been an option to purchase 6-8 bottles for 20% off (7 day cruise) or 10-12 bottles (I think, 12 day cruise), also at 20% off. This "special" is available on embarkation (and perhaps day 2 of the cruise?).

On my past two NCL cruises, the wine package consisted of buying 6 or 7 bottles of wine (I cannot remember the exact amount), and the next bottle was free. You had to bring all the receipts to the dining room and they took an average and applied that to the free bottle of wine.

Carolyn

NCL has introduced a similar option. On our last 3 cruises there has been an option to purchase 6-8 bottles for 20% off (7 day cruise) or 10-12 bottles (I think, 12 day cruise), also at 20% off. This "special" is available on embarkation (and perhaps day 2 of the cruise?).

On my past two NCL cruises, the wine package consisted of buying 6 or 7 bottles of wine (I cannot remember the exact amount), and the next bottle was free. You had to bring all the receipts to the dining room and they took an average and applied that to the free bottle of wine.

Both of these sound good, but it does seem like they are different programs. I searched around on the NCL web site but couldn't find anything about it. Does anyone have a list of wines available on board? We are pretty adventurous when it comes to new wines - I just don't want to go to the poor house to do it! I know we can bring our own on - but with flying - luggage fees and corkage fees, the cost may end up being the same.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Both of these sound good, but it does seem like they are different programs. I searched around on the NCL web site but couldn't find anything about it. Does anyone have a list of wines available on board? We are pretty adventurous when it comes to new wines - I just don't want to go to the poor house to do it! I know we can bring our own on - but with flying - luggage fees and corkage fees, the cost may end up being the same.

You could also hit a wine store in your departure city, and in ports for a local flavor of where your traveling

The current wine list is posted within the Bon Voyage items.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=BonVoyageGifts#wine

The wines available in the "buy 6-8, get 20% off" were from this list but were different on each of our last 3 cruises.

The current wine list is posted within the Bon Voyage items.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=BonVoyageGifts#wine

The wines available in the "buy 6-8, get 20% off" were from this list but were different on each of our last 3 cruises.

Thanks! This is very helpful - I saw this doc, but thought it was just a limited choice - I just noticed that it was 4 pages - whoopsie!

Archived