Boston Priceline/Hotwire

Linda/Ohio

The Sheraton comes through again! I think you made a good choice. Have a great time in Boston and on your cruise.

My theory why the Sheraton is coming through, which is great, btw, is because it really is a huge hotel built for conventions. It is attached to the convention center. But with this economy, there probably aren't that many businesses spending money on sending people on conventions.

Got2Cruise - I agree with your theory about the Sheraton. The other big convention hotel that is showing up consistently on Hotwire is the Westin.

Kelowna NCL - the Boston market can be unpredictable. Some weekends during the year are very difficult, but for folks coming in from out of town for a cruise, it is hard for them to know which ones. We generally advise that folks try to reserve a cancellable room and then watch Priceline or Hotwire. However, cruisers making plans really don't want to wait until the last minute. So the next best thing we can do is to give advice about what we are seeing in the current offerings. Rule of thumb is that any 3 1/2-4* hotel in the 4 downtown areas for $150 or less is a good deal. So the Sheraton at $129 is a very good deal and the Sheraton at $99 is a fantastic deal. For a 1 night stay precruise, we recommend any of the 4 areas. For multiple day stays, we recommend Back Bay/Copley, Quincy Market/Financial, Theater, and Waterfront in that order. This is based mostly on what the folks will find to do in the immediate hotel area when they go out at night.

I really appreciate your input....went on priceline to look but do not see the Blackbay area....where about is that one.......also was looking at baseball ticket at Fenway....hard to buy....game we are trying to get would be the Sept 22 one....looks like will have to buy off of a reseller....but they are available....it appears we will try to fly to Boston on Sept 21.....and stay 4 nights before the cruise...and then one day when the cruise comes back Oct 9...and catch an 8am flight back to western Canada on Oct 10th.....is there a hotel by the airport that offers a free shuttle to the airport????..thanks Ken......we have talked three other couples to come with us....should have lots of fun....

Just looked at Hotwire for Sept 21-25, 4 rooms, 8 people - the 3 1/2* Back Bay/Copley hotel is there right now for $86. Probably the Sheraton.

The Priceline areas are configured differently - Back Bay/Copley/Theater are all one area. Then there's Quincy Market/Financial together, and then Boston Harbor Front/Aquarium and Waterfront (South Boston).

If you want to book rooms now I'd use Hotwire.

I'll post back about the airport.

I wouldn't mess with airport hotels on your return. You're flying out on a weekend morning - traffic is not a big deal. Most of the "airport" hotels are not at the airport - they are several miles up the road in Revere or Saugus in less than appealing areas. These hotels are showing as more expensive and IMO not worth the "free" shuttle.

The same 3 1/2* hotel is available on Oct. 9 for $99 and there is a Waterfront hotel (probably the Westin Convention Center) available for $122. The Waterfront hotel is close to both the pier and the airport. From the Westin you would have access to the Silver Line to easily run back into downtown Boston. You have an entire day before you fly out - don't waste it at a poorly located airport hotel.

You might do better if you bid on Priceline, but because the way the zones are configured, I don't think you will have as good an idea of the hotel you are likely to win. IMO a 3 1/2* Back Bay hotel for $86 or $99 is a fantastic deal - it won't last long.

I wouldn't mess with airport hotels on your return. You're flying out on a weekend morning - traffic is not a big deal. Most of the "airport" hotels are not at the airport - they are several miles up the road in Revere or Saugus in less than appealing areas. These hotels are showing as more expensive and IMO not worth the "free" shuttle.

The same 3 1/2* hotel is available on Oct. 9 for $99 and there is a Waterfront hotel (probably the Westin Convention Center) available for $122. The Waterfront hotel is close to both the pier and the airport. From the Westin you would have access to the Silver Line to easily run back into downtown Boston. You have an entire day before you fly out - don't waste it at a poorly located airport hotel.

You might do better if you bid on Priceline, but because the way the zones are configured, I don't think you will have as good an idea of the hotel you are likely to win. IMO a 3 1/2* Back Bay hotel for $86 or $99 is a fantastic deal - it won't last long.

Will go and see.....not sure quite with the dates....other people have different ideas...a problem I always have when trying to organize other people...lol....anyways prob will do you suggestion of booking a hotel that I can cancel......hotwire is money up front just like priceline I think...Ken

Just looked at Hotwire for Sept 21-25, 4 rooms, 8 people - the 3 1/2* Back Bay/Copley hotel is there right now for $86. Probably the Sheraton.

The Priceline areas are configured differently - Back Bay/Copley/Theater are all one area. Then there's Quincy Market/Financial together, and then Boston Harbor Front/Aquarium and Waterfront (South Boston).

If you want to book rooms now I'd use Hotwire.

I'll post back about the airport.

Just went on the check....copely....lowest was $144.....someone else must have gotten them....Ken

Sorry to hear that. You have to be prepared to make a move. $144 is not a fantastic price, but still a good price if you check other quotes for the same time period. I'm not sure it is going to get any better. Some of the colleges start around that time. Boston is very popular in Sept and Oct.

I can't tell you what to do, but you are talking about 4 rooms and 8 adults during the business week. Take a look at John Jeffries House as a bed and breakfast alternative in the same price range. Perhaps you could make reservations there and continue to look on Hotwire.

Anything quoted at under $150 is a deal in Boston during the week. Sometimes you get a deal, sometimes you get a good deal, and sometimes you get a fantastic deal. It just depends.

Archived