switching back to HAL?

Benji817

Hello,

I just booked a 2 week Alaska cruise with HAL in May of next year (:D). This is the first time I haven't booked directly with the cruise line, and I'm really starting to regret my decision. :rolleyes: I have a deposit down on three cabins with an online agency (not naming names), and they're trying to take me for a ride. I won't get into the nitty gritty, but I'm trying to think of options before I call them back tomorrow for another round of horrible customer service. I don't really want to cancel with the agent, because I'm concerned about losing our grouping of cabins (my card has already been charged). Has anyone successfully switched their reservation to deal with HAL directly after a bad TA experience? I read a lot of posts about people transferring deposits from HAL to another agent, but what about the reverse? Anyone have experience with this? Just wondering...!

Hello,

I just booked a 2 week Alaska cruise with HAL in May of next year (:D). This is the first time I haven't booked directly with the cruise line, and I'm really starting to regret my decision. :rolleyes: I have a deposit down on three cabins with an online agency (not naming names), and they're trying to take me for a ride. I won't get into the nitty gritty, but I'm trying to think of options before I call them back tomorrow for another round of horrible customer service. I don't really want to cancel with the agent, because I'm concerned about losing our grouping of cabins (my card has already been charged). Has anyone successfully switched their reservation to deal with HAL directly after a bad TA experience? I read a lot of posts about people transferring deposits from HAL to another agent, but what about the reverse? Anyone have experience with this? Just wondering...!

Can't hurt to call them and ask. Good luck!

Good luck!

I booked our recent Alaska trip through a TA and I certainly wish that I had gone direct with HAL. Hindsight = 20:20

It's like walking into an automobile dealership. The first salesman that locks onto you does so with tentacles. I tell them that I don't want to get married, I'm only looking at cars.

It would appear that dealing with a TA is the same. You book, you're married! :mad:

Hello,

I always use my very trusted and proven agency, but the online agencies are another story.

To answer you question directly: Yes, it can be done, but it is not easy.

If you want to read the most informative thread on the subject, follow this link to a now closed, but recent thread on internet agencies:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1025166

But be warned, there are more than 600 posts and each one from the OP gets more and more unbelievable until the happy outcome.

Happy reading,

r.

Archived