Past Guest Pins

lsycko1

We just got back Saturday from being on Fantasy. We did recieve past guest pins. The only thing was that we got one Fantasy pin and one Liberty pin.:confused: DH collects the pins but does not care to collect ones from a ship he has never been on so he asked the Room Steward if he could swap the Liberty one for another Fantasy. He was expecting the steward to at least say I will try but instead told him no sorry and that was that. Well DH went to the information desk and ask if he could swap out and they did so with no problem. I checked in the gift shop for some but did not see any for sell. They may not have started to sell them yet. I do hope John is able to get them to continue passing them out to all the guests. IMO I don't think it will bankrupt Carnival to continue this small gesture of appreciation to their customers.

HA!! In 1987 American Airlines removed the one OLIVE from the salads served in 1st class and saved over 40,000.00!!!!!

American and Southwest save a combined $20,000,000.00 a year in fuel costs by power washing the ENGINES on their aircraft.

In 2005, USAirways saved $1,000,000.00 a year by eliminating that tiny little bag of "free" pretzels...Northwest saved $2 million.

When we think of "freebies" and "perks" we have to think in MILLIONS of passengers, not just the couple thousand on our current vessel. If it cost Carnival say, 1.50 for each pin....multiply that by the number of past guests during the year......

Cost and cost savings are changing many things we consumers used to take for granted. On a cruise, I'll forgo the pins, the food at the Captain's party and other cuts as long as they can keep the prices low enough so I can cruise a couple of times a year.

The only thing that would stop me from cruising would be if they started charging for food like they do on some other cruises. As long as traditional dining is still there and the food is good...I'm there.

What makes a platinum member? When we talked to Carnival they said that hubby would be getting a pin....since he has cruised once before...so is that all it takes to be platinum? The kids collect pins...hoping we will also find some in each port to add to their collection...they make great souviniers and they are small so they don't take up a lot of room...and fairly in expensive.

What makes a platinum member? When we talked to Carnival they said that hubby would be getting a pin....since he has cruised once before...so is that all it takes to be platinum? The kids collect pins...hoping we will also find some in each port to add to their collection...they make great souviniers and they are small so they don't take up a lot of room...and fairly in expensive.

To make Platinum you have had to have sailed with Carnival 10 times. They give out pins to past guests that is why DH is getting one.

ok thanks for that info just curious...I was confused....doesn't take much though! LOL

Maybe it is just the anticipation of our cruise!

I do hope that they are for sale on the ship though becuase we will be getting only one and we havetwo kids. Hubby could care less about getting the pin.

ok thanks for that info just curious...I was confused....doesn't take much though! LOL

Maybe it is just the anticipation of our cruise!

I do hope that they are for sale on the ship though becuase we will be getting only one and we havetwo kids. Hubby could care less about getting the pin.

You will probably only get one. If so go to the information desk and ask if you can get another. They may give you one. If not there is always ebay.:D

I have read in a few places that Carnival will only be giving the past guest pins to platinum members. Is this true?:confused:

Well, that's better than what a member of the Cruise Staff told me on my last cruise on the Freedom. He said that they wern't going to be giving them out at all, to anybody!! :eek: I'll be platinum on my next cruise so if this is true, no harm done!! I like to put them on my lanyard with my S&S Card. I get into some really interesting conversations about different ships that way!! :D

We got pins on our Aug 31 cruise on the Fantasy. Trouble is, we got one Fantasy and one Liberty pin.:confused: I asked the room steward to exchange it but he just said, "No, sorry." I had expected to hear, "I will see what I can do." I went to the pursers desk and told the lady there, "I know from reading CC (eyebrow goes up) that you folks are gonna discontinue the pins but I really would like to exchange the Liberty for a Fantasy." She said, "Let me check," and returned promptly with another Fantasy pin.

We got pins on our Aug 31 cruise on the Fantasy. Trouble is, we got one Fantasy and one Liberty pin.:confused: I asked the room steward to exchange it but he just said, "No, sorry." I had expected to hear, "I will see what I can do." I went to the pursers desk and told the lady there, "I know from reading CC (eyebrow goes up) that you folks are gonna discontinue the pins but I really would like to exchange the Liberty for a Fantasy." She said, "Let me check," and returned promptly with another Fantasy pin.

As I understand it, Carnival will continue to hand out the pins until the current supply is depleted. I'm sure for some ships, like the Splendor (being new) has a large supply while others may be running short.

I have a tendency to believe what John Heald has to say about the whole thing. I have NO tendency to believe anything on CC that can't be verified......HA!!:D

Archived