FOS Review 8/23-8/30

jschenbart

WOW- what a trip!!!

Highlights-

1- Best cruise director- Allen (Allan) Brooks!!! All I have to say is WOW- 70's night was the best, love and marriage show and the Quest shows were all fantastic!

2- Cruise Staff- Everyone was helpful and nice Our waiters Jude and Ajit from India were fantastic!!!!! Chandler the head waiter was a gracious host and My Time Dining Rules!!!

3- Superior Ocean View Room w/balc RM 9620 was awesome! The Balcony is a must as we often spend the end of each night relaxing by watching the moonlight hit the water

4- Excursions- Coco Cay- well, the English translation for Coco Cay is - "is that it"?

St Thomas- We went through the shops- nothing great here unless you want jewelry. We did stop in a nice liquor store and bought 2 bottles of Rum. I really liked how they shipped the bottles nicely packaged to my stateroom so we didn't have to lug the bottles around for the day. We went to Sapphire Beach and we were not disappointed at all. We went snorkeling for the first time and saw beautiful fish, turtles, and Coral.

St Martin- Here we went str8 to the beach. We wanted waves so we went over to the French side and hit Orient Beach. Yes, that Orient beach...LOL. But don't get any ideas, our clothes stayed on. I kind of wished others there would have followed our lead. The water was perfect and not a shell on the beach as the sand was super soft

Promenade- We loved the pizza shop and the bakery with nice choices of pastry and sandwiches. The soda pass for $48 (15% tip included) was well worth it as I was often able to cover drinks for the six of us with one pass. We were disappointed that we couldn't drink the alcohol from the liquor store while on board so we were forced to pay $8-$10 on each Lava Flow ( mmmmm yum)

Coolest hangout on the boat- Olive Or Twist- this bar overlooking the pool on the 12th deck was a perfect place to watch the sunset or people watch during the day.

Other highlights from the trip-

I was able to purchase a Chanel Diamond Wedding Band for $1.49- yes folks not sure how it happened but who am I to complain.

86 year old man wins the Belly Flop contest (no joke)

There was an accounting error and for two days on the ship they double charged everyone's sea pass account. Luckily they fixed it but they never made an announcement, if we complained they told us. That was the only real complaint of the entire week.

Overall, the cruise being our first was more than we hoped for. Our next cruise will be to the Western Carribean or Alaska

Thanks for reading.....

chanel diamond wedding band for $1.49. tell me more, tell me more, tell me more.

In st thomas, did you shop downtown or were you at the shops just outside the ship?

I haven't been downtown yet but recently saw a travel show and they went downtown shopping and to some quaint side streets with cafes. Going to have to go next time. (january) and pick up a ring or two.:p;)

Do you have the menus. Just want to see which night I want to reserve Portofinos.

Did you make a music video in those soundproof rooms?

I found the band in the shop with the pocket books. It was already marked down to $49 when I brought it up to get a final price she said 149... I said; "how is it possible that the price would go up"? She said no sir...$1.49 do u still want it, lol? ymm yeah!!! :)

first night or 3rd night would be good for Portofinos.

I also forgot... If anyone was on that cruise you may recognize me by my new nickname- Mr. Karaoke!!!

I am the first person in RCCL history to be banned from performing live again.

I was the guy who made Madonna cry with my version of Like a Virgin!!!

did you go the the spa. and how was there prices. who was the headliner

on the ship

James Joseph and Johnnie B were great!! We had a great comedian but i forgot his name.

THe Spa got cheaper each day and by day6 it would be worth the money.

I was on this sailing as well. Perfect in just about every way. Everyone on board was friendly. The evening shows were awesome (every single one of them). Andrae, my waiter, was terrific and on-point every single dinner (and I did Main Dining every night). My only complaint was starting Quest at 10:30 PM (meaning those doing late seating had about 10 minutes after dinner to rush to Studio B), but Quest was fun regardless. And yes, Alan was brilliant and charismatic (and has a heck of a dodgeball arm). For my first cruise, it was terrific and I think I might be hooked.

And yes, Alan was brilliant and charismatic (and has a heck of a dodgeball arm).

He is a very talented showman though his dodgeball arm maybe gr8, his legs aren't...he got punched out usually early in most matches!

Archived