Dollar or Thrifty Rental MCO to Port Canaveral

TDCRose

Dollar no longer has an office in Port Canaveral. You would actually be renting from Thrifty and returning there. I'm assuming they are owned by same parent company. I found this out last year when I went to rent from Dollar.

Also the Thrifty rental is not on site at airport. You have to ride a shuttle. It's not far. About 10 minutes or so. Once you do get there, rental is very easy. You are less than half a mile from the road that takes you directly to the port.

The return office is about 2 miles just past the port on the left. Took less than 10 minutes to get back to the ship on the shuttle.

I have the exact same price from Dollar and Thrifty for a one way rental from MCO to Cape Canaveral and return. Is there an advantage location wise or any other advantage to using one over the other?
Dollar has a rental location right at the airport, just walk out of the terminal. In port Canaveral they share the same location with Thrifty. We rented from Dollar to Port Canaveral this past December and reversed the route post cruise with Avis.

Thrifty now has an airport location at MCO (they moved there in May), but when I rented from them in late June, the car I received had over 30K miles on it.

For Thrifty, try using the Orlando Magicard code (available for everyone) in the corporate code area of the rental - 004M001010. Sometimes you can get a really good deal with that code.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived