Balcony categories on the Mariner?

EmiGirl826

What's the difference between the different Categories of balconies? My fiance and I are going to go on a cruise of our honeymoon in December and I'm doing some research. I'm seeing that there are D 1-3 and E 1& 2. Yet, I'm not seeing what makes one better than another.

Thanks for your help!

I think the difference is probably which floor they are on. My TA said that ones on higher floors are closer to the pool and were therefore the more expensive or 'higher' category, but that the sizes and amenties are the same. So the same balcony cabin on Deck 6 (for example room 6260) would be less expensive than the cabin on Deck 9 (for example room 9260).

You can check with your Travel Agent to explain the differences. We have been perfectly happy on Deck 6 a bit farther from the pool deck, but we aren't really 'pool people' anyway. :p

Emi, the differant categories, depends on which Deck, size room you get. An Example, a D-1 thru D-3 are the same size rooms, but refers to location on that Deck. You will find the D-1 on your 9th Deck on most ships some such as the Voyager Class you will see them on the 8th deck but most are either way forward of aft. Your Deck 7 & 8 will hsve mostly your E-1's etc. When I am searching out our rooms, I look at the room size & balcony size, Deck and location of room on that deck. You just need to check the Deck plans for the ship your going on and location of the room. Convenience to stairs etc, obstructed views. For each category room you will note below them the Room #'s that have obstructed views.

Archived