Newport News?

ajpack

I was looking at bathing suits on Newport News online and the prices are unbelievably inexpensive. How is the quality of their suits? Do you get what you pay for? I like a suit that will "hold me in" like Carol Wior's suits and also the Slendertex suits from Lands End.

The bathing suits are not worth it. They run super small and the fabric is not of the quality I prefer. I order one and sent it back.

I don't know what size you are but I have found (most of my suits are from VS) that Victoria's Secret swimsuits are really nice. Also Nordstrom.com has some one pieces on clearance. Hope this helps.

I have bought at least one suit a year from them for the last several years. I find that they run true to size and fit very well, I'm a size 6-8. I have sent a couple back though because some do look different up close than they do in the photo's.

I love the suit I just got fromthere- it was one of the larger person suits-I'm a 16, but I ordered an 18 and was glad I did. I got one of the skirt type suits, and it seem s very flattering. I thought the mat'l was fine and I can't imagine paying over 50 bucks for a suit anyhow. Chris

I've gotten 2 suits from them, and have been happy with both (but did order a size larger than my usual. I find inexpensive clothing does tend to run small.) Victoria Secret also has very nice suits, and they're having a great sale now.

Thanks everyone. I didn't want to take a chance so I ordered one from Lands End and one from Lane Bryant. I'm fluffy and need extra "holding in":rolleyes: from a bathing suit. We're going to the Dominican Republic next month and we'll be spending everyday at the beach, so I wanted at least 5 suits.

Anne

and I really like them both. I paid around $20 for each of them, not including shipping and I'm very happy. Sizes for me seem to be very true, no problems at all.

I've never tried any of their clothes though. Always been curious to try them, some good deals out there.

A friend and I tried to order from there and we didn't like the suits but that's just us. I tried to order recently from Eddie Bauer and their suits had a nice quality fabric but I sent them back because they didn't fit me up top (suit was too big) I would recommend for others to try them though.

Archived